Draupnir Spear is a pretty good weapon in God of War Ragnarok, especially with its upgrades and when you use the best skills for it. You unlock the weapon from the Mermaid during the Forging Destiny chapter of the main quest. This weapon works really well to chip away the Enhanced health bar of your enemies. So in this guide check out the best skills for Draupnir Spear and how to upgrade it in God of War Ragnarok.
How to Upgrade Draupnir Spear in God of War Ragnarok
You need to collect and use Gale Flames in order to upgrade the Draupnir Spear in this game. The good thing about this weapon is you unlock it from level 5, so you only have to upgrade it four more times. Here are the locations where you can find Gale flame for leveling it up:
- Hrist & Mist: You can find them in Muspelheim during the 16th chapter of the game The Summoning.
This is the only gale flame you get during the main story of the game. For every other Gale flame, you will have to complete side quests. Here is how you can get the others:
- Flame Phantom: You can find them in Vanaheim while completing the Favor Nocturnal Predator.
- Berserker Gravestone: You can find this gravestone in Jarnsmida Pitsmines in Svartalfheim. Destroy it and eliminate the berserkers to get it.
For the last Gale Flame, you need to collect all 6 pieces of Gale Sparks. To find them you need to complete the Favor The Lost Lindwyrms
- The Lost Lindwyrms: These are all the 6 Gale Sparks piece locations.
- Vanaheim: 2 in The Plains.
- Svartalfheim: 4 in Alberich Island, The Forge, Alberich Hollow, and The Applecore.
Best Skills for Draupnir Spear
- Draupnir’s Call II: This is from the Technical skill tree. Detonating a spear also weakens your enemy and reduces their resistance to being staggered. The more spears you detonate the stronger its effect will be.
- Spear Drill: This is from the Ranged skill tree. Hold aim and use the light attack to charge your spear toss. This will strike your enemies multiple times and also push them back.
- Rising Wind II: This is from the Melee skill tree. Rising Wind attacks the enemies with a whirlwind.
That covers this guide on the best skills for Draupnir spear and how to upgrade it. I suggest you also check our guide on how to upgrade Leviathan Axe to Level 6. And for more help on this game check out our GoW Ragnarok Wiki.