Many players aren’t satisfied by just beating the game they also want to unlock and get every character on their team. And if anime has taught us anything then it is the power of friendship. So whether you watch anime or not you might want to unlock every character in Chrono Cross Remaster: The Radical Dreamers. This is a fun thing to do especially if you are looking to replay the game then you have all the more reasons to do so. Hence let’s quickly check this Character guide for Chrono Cross.
How to Unlock & Recruit All Characters in Chrono Cross
There are a total of 45 characters that you can unlock in Chrono Cross. You can recruit them all by using the Chrono Cross, but you will have to unlock them first. That means when you start a new playthrough using the Chrono Cross you can get back the characters you already got in your previous game. Thus you will need to play the game multiple times in order to get them all. To unlock all the characters you will have to play the game at least thrice.
One of the main conditions in the game that affects several characters to join is whether you decide to help Kid or not. Other than that the different characters will join based on the decisions you make in your playthrough. And some only join when you do specific side quests. Below is the complete character guide for how to unlock them all in the game.
Character Guide for Chrono Cross to Unlock them All
- Serge: You get him by default as he is the main character of the game.
- Doc: Refuse to help Kid when given the choice and Doc will join you.
- Draggy: Go to the Dodo’s nest in Fossil Valley(Another World) and get the Big Egg. Use the Incubator at Fort Dragonia(Home World) and hatch it. After hatching Draggy will join you.
- Fargo: Will unlock automatically as you progress in the game’s story.
- Funguy: Go to the Shadow Forest (Home World) and in the cave, under the Waterfall, you can find a man. Next, pass through the underground passage towards the Viper Manor. A guy will give you a Mushroom. Return to the Waterfall and show the man the mushroom you got.
- Glenn: Don’t help Kid when you get the choice. Next, go to the Termina Entrance and overhear the conversation of Glenn. While returning to the boat Glenn will ask if he can join you.
- Greco: Fight Lynx at Viper Manor. Next, go to the Termina Shirine (Another World). Finally, follow Greco in his home.
- Grobyc: When you are rescuing Riddel in Viper Manor (Another World) you will fight Grobyc. Defeat him and he will join you later.
- Guile: Go to Termina and talk to the guy polishing the Statue. Next, go to the Bar and speak with Guile and ask him for his help to be your guide for Viper Manor.
- Harle: Will automatically join you as you progress through the game’s story.
- Irenes: Defeat Sage on the Zelbess and go back to the Ship with Nikki. Now go to the dressing room and she will later join you.
- Janice: Go to the S.S. Zelbess (Home World) and defeat three rounds of monsters to unlock Janice.
- Karsh: There are two ways to unlock him. Either ask him to join you to help rescue Riddel. Or you he will later join if at the S.S. Invincible (Another World) after you have rescued Riddel.
- Kid: You can directly agree to let her join when she asks or reject her thrice. If you do reject Kid then she will join later in Termina. So no matter what you do she will join you so it is best if you reject her the first time.
- Korcha: Agree to help Kid and he will join you.
- Leah: Unlocks automatically when you rescue her from Gaea’s Navel.
- Leena: Deny Kid from joining you when she asks at the start of the game. Do that three times and Leena will join you instead.
- Luccia: Fight Lynx then go to Viper Manor (Another World). Go to the balcony upstairs and you can unlock her.
- Lynx: He will get unlocked at Fort Dragania as you progress through the story.
- Macha: Don’t save Kid and talk to Macha and she will join you.
- Marcy: Follow the story and rescue Riddel and Marcy will join you.
- Mel: Agree to save Kid, and progress the quest. After you save Kid talk to Mel and she will join you.
- Miki: Go to Marbule (Home World) and eliminate all the monsters. Now go to the S.S. Zelbess and talk to Miki and she will join you.
- Mojo: Head to the Arni Village (Home World) and inside the fisherman’s basement. Here you will get the Shark’s tooth. Now add Kid to the party or even Leena and go to the Arni Village (Another World) and present the Shark’s tooth to the other fisherman.
- NeoFio: Go to the balcony in Viper Manor (Another World) and use the Life Sparkle in the pool. This will unlock NeoFio. You can get the Life Sparkle at the Hydra Marshes (Another World).
- Nikki: When picking a guide don’t go with Guile or Pierre. Instead, go to the Magical Dreamer’s boat and speak with Miki. Now go to the Shadow Forest and rescue Nikki. After that, he will join you.
- Norris: Go to the Viper Manor Ruins (Home World) and find Norris in the Basement. Be sure to have Radius in your Party before you find him.
- Orcha: Beat his evil form while rescuing Riddel. After defeating him he will join you.
- Orlha: Add Lynx to your Party and go to the bar in Guldove (Another World). Here Orlha will fight you, defeat her and you will unlock her.
- Pierre: Go to Termina (Another World) in the equipment Shop. Give Pierre the hero’s medal and ask him to be your guide to unlock him.
- Pip: Go to Luccia’s lab in Viper Manor (Another World) and unlock Pip’s cage. Next when you encounter him on S.S. Invincible chase him and he will join.
- Poshul: She automatically joins you as you progress the story if you choose Leena. Else you can give her the Heckran Bone to make her join you.
- Radius: Go to the Opassa Beach in Arni Village (Home World) and talk to Serge’s Mom. Next defeat Radius in a fight. Remember to have Lynx in your Party while doing these steps.
- Razzly: Agree to save Kid, then save her. This is how you unlock her.
- Riddel: Rescue Riddel as you progress through the story to get her.
- Skelly: You will have to gather all of his bones to unlock him.
- Head (pun intended) to the Fossil Valley (Home World) to find the skull.
- Go to the Shadow Forest to find his Scapula.
- Talk to the Element Trader in Guldove to get the Pelvic Bone.
- The backbone can be found at the Hydra Marshes.
- Speak with the explorers at Water Dragon Isle (Home World) to get the Ribs.
- Finally, you can find the Mixed Bones in the Isle of the Damned.
- Sneff: In S.S. Zelbess. defeat Sage and go to the dressing room. Here speak with Sneff and he will join you.
- Sprigg: She will join you as you keep progressing the story. You can meet her at the Dimensional Vortex.
- Starky: Go to El Nido Triangle (Home World) and find the Star Fragment. Next, head to the Sky Dragon Isle and investigate the supernatural events there.
- Steena: Go to Guldove (Home World). You can find her in the Shrine Maiden’s tent. She will join you after you eliminate 6 Dragon Gods.
- Turnip: To unlock Turnip you will need to have the Ice gun or Ice breath with you. Go to the Hermit’s Hideaway (Another World) and use it on the patch of ground. You should also have Poshul in your party. As she will find Turnip.
- Van: Talk to Van and convince him that you are looking to find the Frozen Flame. You can find him in his house in Termina (Home World).
- Viper: Save Riddel and go to S.S Invincible (Another World). Viper will then join you.
- Zappa: Start by adding Radius to your party. Next, go to Zappa’s Smithy in Termina (Home World). Talk to him and he will join you.
- Zoah: Just like Karsh you can either ask him to help rescue Riddel. If not then he will join you later.
That covers this character guide for how to unlock and get every character in Chrono Cross Remaster: The Radical Dreamers. Since you like playing this game also check our other guide on how to get and use the Komodo Scale in this game.