FIFA 23 is giving many players the unable to save personal settings 1 error and they need a fix for it. While there is no official fix for it yet, there are a few solutions that you can try to resolve it. So let us quickly check how to fix Unable to save personal settings 1 in FIFA 23.
How to Fix Unable to Save Personal Settings 1
You can try the fixes below to resolve this error.
- Verifying File Integrity: FIFA 23 might be causing this issue due to some files getting corrupted. Depending on where you purchased the game from you can easily fix it by checking the game’s file integrity:
- Launch Steam and then go to Library.
- Here, right-click on FIFA 23 and click on Properties.
- On the left side, click on Local Files.
- Finally, choose Verify integrity of game files.
- Launch Origin and go to My Game Library.
- Right-click on FIFA 23 and click on repair.
- Wait for the client to repair the game files. Once done restart the game and check if you still get the error.
- Allowing it through Firewall: Allowing the game’s Anti-cheat can also help resolve this issue. You can easily do that from the Control panel.
- Open Control Panel and click on System and Security.
- The second option will be Windows Defender Firewall, here click on “Allow an app through Windows Firewall”.
- Now, click on “Change settings”, then click on “Add another app”.
- Finally, click on browse and locate where your EAAntiCheatGameServiceLauncher is. Once given access to the path click on Add. Restart your PC before trying to play to ensure these changes work effectively.
- Whitelisting it on your Anti Virus: Depending on the Anti Virus you choose you should add the Anti-cheat to its whitelist.
- Deleting its save folder: Go to Documents and then delete the FIFA 23 folder. I suggest you delete it to the recycle bin instead of permanently deleting it to check if the issue resolves. If it does, you can try to retrieve your save files and place them in the new folder.
- Reinstalling the game: As a last resort, you can reinstall FIFA 23. Once it installs again, try playing and see if you still get the error.
If none of the above fixes work then you won’t have any other option but to wait. Once the developers fix this bug, they should release an update patch for it. So look out for any updates for the game and keep it updated.
That covers this guide on how to fix the unable to save personal settings 1 error for FIFA 23. If you are interested to learn more about this game then do check our guides on how to heel fake, play as Ted Lasso & AFC Richmond, and hit power shot.