For every Animal Crossing: New Horizons player, turnips are basically their stocks. Or stalks, as the game likes to call it. You can ‘gamble’ in Animal Crossing if you have some turnips! In this Animal Crossing New Horizons Turnip Prices Guide, you will know all the details related to turnips including prices, best time to sell, spike patterns and more.
Turnip Prices Guide
Players have to buy turnips at one price and sell them for a different price before they go bad. These turnips are not readily available though, because they can only be purchased on Sundays. Daisy Mae, a sweet little visitor, will come to your island every Sunday morning at 5 am and stay till 12 pm. You can get turnips from her in bundles of ten. The prices of turnips change every week, of course.
What is the Best Time to Sell Turnips in ACNH?
Your main intention is to sell your stalks at a higher price as compared to your buying price, just like real life. The prices of turnips fluctuate during the week, here’s an example of that:
- Monday morning, noon: 80 bells, 75 bells
- Tuesday morning,noon: 70 bells, 85 bells
- Wednesday morning, noon: 50 bells, 63 bells
- Thursday morning, noon: 95 bells, 112 bells
- Friday morning, noon: 109 bells, 83 bells
- Saturday morning, noon: 70 bells, 65 bells
If you notice, there is no clear pattern in the above prices. That’s because there are a few different patterns in Animal Crossing New Horizons and the one shown above is a Random Trend. It is quite difficult to determine when to sell your turnips in a Random Trend. In this case, just sell your turnips for any value above 100 or 125. Here are some of the other trends that you might come across in New Horizons:
- Decreasing Trend: The prices of turnips will gradually decrease during the week.
- Small Spike Trend: During this pattern, the prices of turnips will decrease in the beginning and then increase thrice in a row. Focus on these prices because the fourth price is going to be much higher. That’s when you should sell it.
- Large Spike Trend: This pattern is quite similar to Small Spike Trend but in this case you should be focused on the third increased price. This trend has the capacity to give you big returns.
Where to Sell Turnips?
You can sell your turnips to Timmy and Tommy in Nook’s Cranny. From Monday to Saturday, you can find the right price to sell your turnips. As shown above, they change their prices twice daily (in the morning and at noon) so it’s crucial to find the best price to sell them. If you don’t manage to do it throughout the week, the turnips will rot and not fetch you any money.
Sell Turnips on a Friend’s Island
If your friend has a high turnip sale price, make the most of it and sell your turnips there. At the end of the day, tracking the prices of turnips daily is key!
Need more helpful tips and guides for ACNH? Check out our Animal Crossing: New Horizons Wiki Guide for lots of ways to make your island the best island ever.