New World update 1.0.3 is finally here. In its early days had the game had problems with long queues. This would happen because you could end up in an already highly populated server. But the developers at Amazon games have been working to eliminate this issue. And finally, we get the much-awaited feature to be able to transfer your characters between worlds. So without further ado, let’s take a look at how to transfer servers in New World.
How to Transfer Server, Worlds & Characters in New World
- Open Store.
- Click on the World Transfer tab.
- Here, click on the free world transfer token.
- You will get details about the token and below you’ll find a purchase button. Click on it to claim the token.
- Now, you will get a Popup that shows the available World Sets in your Region. Here you can also find other details like Online friends, estimated queue time, Players in queue, population, and more.
- Click on the World where you wish to transfer your character.
- Before you can transfer you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- You must be in a Sanctuary (Settlement, Outpost, Spirit Shrine, and Watchtower) before transferring.
- You cannot belong to a company before transferring.
- You cannot have active Trading Post Buy/Sell Orders before transferring.
- What will not transfer:
- Your Friends List will be erased and will not carry over.
- If you meet the above requirements click on the confirm Transfer button.
Once you follow the above steps correctly your character should transfer to the new server.
What gets affected when you transfer your Character?
There are two things that you should keep in mind when transferring your character. They are things that you can take with you when transferring, and worlds where you cannot transfer your character.
Things that come with you when you Transfer your Character/Server
- Your Quest Progress.
- All your houses and house decorations.
- The money you earned so far.
- All of your inventory and storage.
- And last but not least you get to keep your character’s progress. This includes your character’s level, titles, etc.
Worlds where you can transfer your Character
While the free transfer token allows you to move your character to any world as long as it is in your region, there are some exceptions.
- Your character cannot be transferred to a full world.
- You cannot transfer it to a world that is in maintenance.
- Your character cannot be transferred to a world where you already have another character. So to keep it simple, two of your characters cannot be in the same world.
That covers everything you need to know about how to transfer server, world and characters in New World. If you like playing this game be sure to check out our other guides on how to get iron hide and dungeons list in New World.