New World has earned insane amount of fame in a short amount of time. That is evident in the huge amount of players who are trying to jump into the game but are waiting in long queues. Yes, the servers are overloaded and Amazon has already worked on improving the server capacity. Here’s everything you need to know about New World server queue times, how to check the current estimate, and how to reduce/fix it.
Long New World Queue Times
Now, Amazon did add new worlds to allow more players to experience the game but now, the New World queue times are longer due to the growing popularity. Thousands of players are queueing for the open world and with the surging fame, it is expected to increase even more. So, if you try to log in now, you may have to wait for hours. And even if you manage to get in, you may get kicked bringing you back to the long queue.
Many players are trying out new ways to stay in the game. They are trying wall-running to stay in the server because if you stay idle for too long, you will get booted out. If that happens, then you need to join the long queue all over again.
How to Check Current & Live Estimated New World Queue Times & Server Queue Size?
- Simply head over to the official New World Twitter account @playnewworld to get the latest updates. Make sure to turn on notifications by clicking on the bell icon next to the “Following” button. This is how you can get the latest information by the minute. The devs post updates for various servers, any updates related to wait times, server status, maintenance period and more.
- You can also check the hashtag #NWSTATUS for recent information and changes.
- Also, head over to the official forums, and check the official New World server status page which will let you know when the servers are online, offline or full.
- Lastly, the devs have released a page where you can check the New World server queue size. Click here and select your region.
So, even though the servers are flooded right now and the New World queue times are astonishingly high, with some patience players are able to get in. You can check out newworldstatus.com to see players in queue by region, worlds online, concurrent players by day etc. If there are thousands of players shown in the tracker website, expect to wait for a few hours just to get in. You can also track the timing when the number of players reduces so that you can try to join during those hours.
Also, here’s an update from the developers related to servers:
To ensure everyone can find an open world now, while also finding a home in Aeternum with their community long-term, we’ll offer an opportunity in the next two weeks for all players to relocate their characters to a new server of their choice at no cost. We appreciate your patience as the New World community grows and encourage you to solidify your long-term server plans for you and your Company.
How to Reduce and Fix Long Queue Times?
These are no “fixes” by any means but they can help you reduce the long queue times. They come at the risk of high ping but if you really want to jump into a game and the long waiting hours are frustrating you, try these things to see if it reduces the New World queue:
- Ensure that you aren’t trying to log in during peak times. Attempt to get in during non-peak hours such as the early morning or late night.
- Find the timezones in various regions and join servers accordingly thereby avoiding peak hours in your own region.
- Try to get into a server that’s not very highly populated.
So, with the right timing and server/region, you may be able to the game faster. But again, it might lead to a different kind of frustration with ping.
That’s all for this one. For more New World coverage, head over to our guides on Gamer Tweak!