One of the new additions via the major ACNH 2.0 update is the fact that you can now grow crops and vegetables like tomatoes. This is something I was looking forward to a long time and now, we can have a dedicated section where you can have your very own farming time. If you want to get started with it right away, here’s what you need to do in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
How to Get Tomatoes in Animal Crossing New Horizons (ACNH) 2.0
To get tomatoes, you need to interact with cute little Leif, the Sloth or visit random islands via Kapp’n boat tours after updating your game to version 2.0. Just like pumpkins, you need to obtain tomato starts from Leif in exchange for 280 Bells. He will have his shop right in front of the Resident services when he comes to your island and you can also meet him at Harv’s island plaza.
How to Unlock Harv’s Plaza for Leif
If you are not sure how to unlock Harv’s island plaza, all you need to do is:
- Open up your mailbox to find a letter.
- Head to Harv’s island by flight.
- This is where Harv will tell you about the plaza.
- Now, it is your task to get the shops constructed and for that you will need donations.
And if you talk to Kapp’n on your island’s pier, you can visit a random island. Head to the location for a price of 1000 Nook Miles and find tomatoes there. Remember that this will be a one-time ride in the day but it surely will be an entertaining one.
I digress – back to tomatoes. Now that you know where to find the tomato starts, let’s look at what to do to grow and use tomatoes as well.
How to Grow More Tomatoes
- Find a tomato start from your inventory and select it.
- Click on Plant 1. You can also Eat 1 if you are hungry.
- This is how you can put the tomato start in the ground and now you wait until the vegetable grows.
- Alternatively, you can also use your shovel to dig a hole in the ground and put the tomato start in it.
- It will take 4 days for it to grow fully, with regular watering, after which will can harvest the tomatoes.
How to Use Tomatoes in ACNH?
These are all the different uses of tomato in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
- Eat it to dig out trees and break rocks (more stamina).
- Use it as an ingredient for Food DIY recipes.
- Sell it for a price at Nook Cranny (350 Bells for 1 tomato). Simply talk to Timmy/Tommy and tell him that you want to sell the tomatoes in your inventory. You can also drop tomatoes in the dropbox is the Nook’s Cranny is closed for the day.
- Have tomatoes as a dedicated farming section on your island.
So, this is all about how to get tomatoes in ACNH 2.0 and how to grow the vegetable and use them. There’s lots more that has been added in this update and we’ll be helping you out with them as well. Simply head over to our ACNH wiki and check out our new guides!