Wondering where to find the Tharchiate Codex in Baldur’s Gate 3? If yes, then don’t worry we have got you covered. After completing the Search The Cellar quest in Act 1, players will come across a unique and mysterious Tome named Necromancy Of Thay in the game. And while you can destroy the book right there, it is recommended to keep the book with you for the time being. You will be able to read the first few pages of Necromancy Of Thay, although to complete the final ones and read further you will need to find the Tharchiate Codex in BG3. So if you are searching for the Codex everywhere, then this guide will make things easy for you and let you know where exactly can you find it in the game.
Where to Find Tharchiate Codex in Baldur’s Gate 3
Players will find the Tharchiate Codex located inside the Sorcerous Vault in Baldur’s Gate 3. You will come across the vault in the Sorcerous Sundries in the lower city in Act 3. To get inside the Sorcerous Vault, players will have to access the portal in Tolna’s office on the second floor in BG3. On the second floor, you will come across the wizard Lorroakan. Here, we would recommend ignoring the wizard and casting an invisibility spell on yourself to access Tolna’s office. Once cast, players can interact with the door and lockpick using Thieves Tools. You will have to pass the Sleight Of Hand Dexterity check.
Inside the office, you will encounter a bookshelf on the right side. Here you will find a Clasped Book you can interact with to open the portal for the vault. After you can enter the portal and inside the Sorcerous Vault. After which here are the steps you can follow to enter the Elminster Vault for the Tharchiate Codex in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Head through the Oak door and you will find the Ramazith door.
- You can destroy it, after which you will come across three doors.
- Your character will pass a perception check for all of the traps.
- Open the Silverhand door to enter another room.
- Choose the Evocation door first and the Wish door as you proceed.
- After you enter the room beware of all the traps and interact with the lever inside.
- Once done, you will have to go back at the start through the Invulnerable or Foresight doors.
- Here, you will find the Elminster Vault door open.
- Head inside the Elminister Vault and get the Tharchiate Codex from the display case.
That’s everything covered on the location of Tharchiate Codex in Baldur’s Gate 3. If you find this guide interesting, check out our other helpful guides on our dedicated BG3 section.