While some prefer to get up, close and personal with the enemy via melee combat, many prefer to keep a distance and take them down from afar. If this is your playstyle and especially for those who have the ranged classes, you might wonder how to switch arrows and bolts in Elden Ring. Knowing this is important because the damage inflicted by every arrow type will vary and affect enemies uniquely. And in a game like this one, a quick change from a weaker to a stronger arrow can be the difference between life and death.
How to Switch Arrows in Elden Ring
This is where you need to assign the arrow types in slots.
- PS players: Arrow Type 1 (R1), Arrow Type 2 (R2)
- Xbox players: Arrow Type 1 (RB), Arrow Type 2 (RT)
- PC players: Arrow Type 1 (LMB), Arrow Type 2 (LMB + Shift)
Unlike other games which actually allow you to switch arrows, you cannot change arrows directly in Elden Ring. What you can do is assign buttons for two types of arrows to use them whenever needed.
- Players can equip up to two types of arrows to switch between. For example, one can be normal arrows while the other can be fire arrows.
- While you have your bow (L2/LT) in your hands, press and hold LB to aim and use the right stick to adjust the aim.
- Press R1/RB to fire Arrow Type 1 and R2/RT to fire Arrow Type 2.
- Get into the Equipment menu and select the slot to equip beforehand. Basically, they will be in the Light and Heavy Attack slots for your character.
- As you unlock better arrows or arrows that provide different advantages, equip them in one of the slots and press the relevant button to shoot them.
Also Read | Elden Ring Best Classes Tier List
With that all cleared up, here’s how to unlock all good bows (locations). Plus, we’ve got lots of content including secret tricks, tips, boss cheese guides, and more on Gamer Tweak, so be sure to check out our Elden Ring Guides while you are here.