Different players have different playstyles – while some like to go up, close, and personal before stabbing their melee weapon into the enemy, some like to keep a distance and take them down. For Elden Ring players (like me) who prefer the latter, here’s how to get bows in the game. Check out how to unlock the Horn Bow, Longbow, Lion Greatbow, Erdtree Greatbow, Golem Greatbow and the Composite Bow (Lightbow).
Elden Ring Bow Locations – How to Get All Bows
To get these ranged weapons to deal damage from a distance, you need to get your hands on one of these bows:
- Horn Bow
The Horn Bow scales up as you add points to your Strength and Dexterity. So if your build makes your character a warrior and you’re also looking for Magic Damage, this is the one you need.
How to Get the Horn Bow in Elden Ring (Location)
- Fast travel to Mistwood Outskirts.
- Summon your horse and go to Siofra River Well.
- Take the elevator in the Siofra River Well and go down.
- Now keep going until you reach Hallowhorn Grounds.
- You need to go under the staircase and look for a corpse with a glowing object on it. Interact with it and you will have unlocked the Horn Bow in Elden Ring. Players can infuse Ashes of War with this bow and upgrade with Smithing Stones.
How to Get Longbow in Elden Ring
- If you have picked the Samurai class, you will get the Longbow as the starting weapon. You don’t have to do anything extra to unlock it.
- Players can also get to the Roundtable Hold and interact with the Twin Maiden Husks to buy the Longbow from them. You can infuse it with Ashes of War or upgrade it with Smithing Stones.
How to Get Lion Greatbow
- Ranged combat lovers can also get the Lion Greatbow which can be unlocked by trading Remembrance of the Starscourge with Enia who is present at the Roundtable Hold. You cannot infuse Ashes of War with this bow, but you can upgrade it with Somber Smithing Stones.
How to Get Erdtree Greatbow
- Head to the Stranded Graveyard Site of Grace.
- Turn right and use the ladder to go down.
- You will land on a poisonous area, so you need to sprint and get away from it as fast as possible. Keep an eye on the poison meter, we do not want it to fill up.
- Take right and you will come face to face with a chariot.
- Note that you need 2 Stonesword Keys to access this dungeon.
- Your mission is to not get killed by the massive chariot and as you walk, you will enter Fringefolk Hero’s Grave.
- Explore the dungeon, defeat the Chariot boss and you will get the Erdtree Greatbow as a reward. You cannot infuse Ashes of War with this bow, but you can upgrade it with Somber Smithing Stones.
There’s a lot you can do here and it’s shown well in this video by Youtuber theJOSHfeed:
How to Get Golem Greatbow
- There is a chance that you might be able to get the Golem Greatbow as a drop from the Golem archer near Castle Morne in Weeping Peninsula. Also look for the Golem archer in Stormhill, on the Limgrave Tower Bridge.
- You cannot infuse Ashes of War with this bow, but you can upgrade it with Somber Smithing Stones.
How to Get Composite Bow (Light bow) In Elden Ring
- To break the guards of the enemy from afar, you can buy the Composite Bow from the Nomadic Merchant. You can find this merchant in Liurnia of the Lakes, near Bellum Church. Be ready to shell out 3500 Runes to get this. Players can infuse Ashes of War and also upgrade it with Smithing Stones.
That’s all for this one! Want more Elden Ring content? Head over to our category and discover hidden secrets!