While Splatoon 3 is way more fun to play with friends, its Story mode is good too. If you are a Nintendo Switch player and your friends aren’t, you may want to give this single-player mode a try. This guide has all the information you need before you get started on this solo campaign and what missions or levels you can expect in your Splatoon 3 adventure.
How to Start Splatoon 3 Story Mode?
To start the Splatoon 3 Story Mode, players need to follow Cuttlefish underground via the sewer cover – press ZL to enter. This will immediately take you to the story mode cutscene.
What’s the Basic Plot?
In Splatoon 3 story mode named “Return of the Mammalians”, you play as Agent 3 who is a part of the New Squidbeak Splatoon. Your mission is to recover the Great Zapfish which will power Splatsville. Cuttlefish tells you that it’s the Octarians again. Take up this job offer and you can save the world. You will also get a brand new Hero Suit to help you fight enemies. And that’s it! Your solo campaign journey will begin.
All Splatoon 3 Story Mode Missions & Levels List
There are 74 story mode levels, so it can take about 8 hours for you to beat the main story. If you are a completionist, it may take around 12 hours for you to finish the solo campaign.
- The Crater – Camp Cuttle
- Octarians in the Crater? YIKES!
- Sink into the Ink and SWIM!
- Boxes Locked! Keys, Please!
- What Are They? Can We Stop Them?
- DJ Octavio (Boss)
Site 1 – Future Utopia Island
- Get to Know Alterna, Your Only Choice
- Octopods at Rest Tend to FLIP OUT!
- Splat You on the Flip Side
- Doors, Doors, Doors! And More! (Doors)
- Relic Restoration
- Zip, Splat, and Jump
- Become One with Your Smallfry
- What Caused the Big Bang? YOU!
- The String’s the Thing
- Deadly Dance Hall – Jump, Jump!
Site 2 – Cozy and Safe Factory
- Twirling, Swirling, Whirling
- Absorbency and You
- Soak It to Me!
- Splitting Crosshairs
- Tread Heavily
- Getting Lost in Three Easy Steps
- The Ink-Conservation Project
- Switching Things Up
- The Future Stares Back (Boss)
Site 3 – Cryogenic Hopetown
- Climbing the Corporate Splatter
- They Said We’d Have Flying Cars, and We Do! Kinda!
- Ink Wheels-Experience Tomorrow’s Technology Today
- Try Curling! Alterna’s 11th Most Popular Athleisure Activity
- Conveyor-Belt Tightening
- Time Trial and Errors
- Rail Pass
Site 4 – Landfill Dreamland
- Propelled to Greatness
- Octohoppers Don’t Have a Sense of Humor (and They Hate Puns)!
- Let’s Put a Pin in That
- Splash the Block Party
- Amusing a Bemused Muse
- Those Aren’t Birds
- Charge Now, Splat Later
- Easy Ride, Tricky Targets
- Flying Worst Class
- Ink Fast, Hotshot
- Stamp ‘Em Out
- The Path to Perfect Penmenship
- The Pursuit of the Precious (Boss)
Site 5 – Eco-Forest Treehills
- Trouble Round Every Corner
- The Upside to Enemy Backsides
- Uh-Oh! Too Many Snipers!
- Barriers! They’ve Got You Covered
- A Compulsive Collector’s Paradise
- Zipping Over the Neighborhood
- One-Way Ride Through Target Town
- Making Waves with Splashdowns
- Low Viz, High Risk
- Shooter on Rails
- Simply Ziptastic!
- You’ll Go Far If You Shoot Far
- Learn to Reflect, and This One Is in the Bank
Site 6 – Happiness Research Lab
- Bet You Mist Us!
- Octarian Heights
- Torture Tour
- Conserve Ink-Splat Sustainably
- The Enemy Ink Is Lava!
- Keep It Rolling
- That Sinking Feeling
- Breathe In, Breathe Out
- Dive and Dash
- Mission: Fly Fishin’
- Don’t Tease the Keys
- Enter the Stamp Gaunlet
- The Obscurest Chiaroscurist (Boss)
Alterna Space Center
- Alterna Space Center: Entrance
- Alterna Space Center: Hangar
- Alterna Space Center: Lift
- The Spirit Lifter: Steerage
- The Spirit Lifter: First Class
- Rocket Battle (Boss)
Secret Stage: After Alterna
That’s all about the story mode. If you would like to know some tips, tricks and secrets to master this game, check out our Splatoon 3 guides on Gamer Tweak.