Splatoon 3 has a wide range of tacky mechanics and elements to use during different game modes. One of these mechanics includes the Squid Roll which can be pretty useful and tactical during battles. As you perform this move in a swim form, you can twirl around directionally to evade your enemies. You can also use this move to catch your enemies off-guard or dodge their attacks. But using this move can be a bit tricky. So, here’s our guide on how to Squid Roll in Splatoon 3.
How to Squid Roll in Splatoon 3
As mentioned before, you need to be in a swim form to perform this move. Follow these steps to perform Squid Roll:
- Being in a swim form, gain momentum with a stable and consistent forward speed in one direction.
- Once you are moving at the right speed, pull the Joystick (L) in the opposite direction you are moving and hit the Jump (B) button.
- Make sure that you toggle the joystick and jump buttons at the same time to execute this move.
- Upon using this move, you can change your direction.
- It can be used to avoid damage from your opponents, surprise your enemies, or simply evade your enemies.
- You can also perform Squid Roll off the different walls around the arena.
- As there is no cooldown period, you can also perform Squid Roll in a row.
- But the performed move will be at a much lower speed than the first or second time. With low speed, your enemies can significantly use it to their advantage in a battle.
- Hence, we suggest using the Squid Roll move at the right times in matches. Rather than spamming this move, you can use it efficiently during the heat of the battle.
We suggest you head to the Training Room to practice and master this spinning move.
That’s everything covered about how to Squid roll in Splatoon 3. If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on how to Squid Surge, how to use Splatana, and more Splatoon 3 Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.