Fortnite is a battle royale game developed by Epic Games. And the game currently is on Chapter 2 season 8 in the game. This game is very fun to play, especially with friends. And one of the best features of this game is you can play with friends without them needing to have a second console. But while this feature is very useful you can’t make most of it when you can’t make it work. So in this guide let us learn how to fix Fortnite split screen matchmaking not working.
How to Fix Fortnite split screen matchmaking not working
These are the fixes that you can try to fix the split-screen matchmaking not working issue.
- Restart your game: This method is suggested by Fortnite themselves. Simply close the game completely. Once you do restart the game and the split-screen should start working again. Although many users have reported that this fix doesn’t work immediately or always, so you may need to restart your game multiple times.
These are some of the other general fixes that you can try if the above fix doesn’t work.
- Restart your console: This fix works well with the above solution. Restart your Xbox or PlayStation then try playing the game.
- Test your connection: A slow internet connection can at times give matchmaking issues. You can easily check your internet connection by doing a speed test or playing some other online game.
- Use a different matchmaking region: Your region’s servers might be having issues, so for a change, try a different server. You can change your server in Settings, then choose the Game tab, Under Language and Region section you will find an option “Matchmaking Region“. Change it to some region other than the one you are currently on. Once changed Apply the changes and try matchmaking again.
- Refresh your connection: Sometimes your connection isn’t stable and that can cause such matchmaking issues. There are two ways to fix this problem. If you are on a wired connection then plug out the ethernet cable and plug it in again. And if you play wirelessly then reboot your router.
Lastly, if none of these fixes work then you should wait for some time as Fortnite is working to resolve this issue. Once they fix it you should start matchmaking in this mode again.
That covers everything you need to know about how to fix split screen not working in Fortnite. If you like playing this game then be sure to check out our other guide on how to fix an unexpected error occured for Xbox and Squid Game creative map codes in Fortnite.