Why does the ‘An Unexpected Error Occurred while Signing in to your Account for Xbox Live‘ issue come up while trying to connect to Fortnite? It can be pretty frustrating if you are attempting to play the game with your friends but just can’t sign in. In this guide, we will give you all the fixes that have worked for players. Try these tips and start playing Fortnite right away.
How to Fix Fortnite An Unexpected Error Occurred on Xbox
These are the things you need to do to fix this issue:
- Check your internet connection. If your net is functioning properly, try the next step.
- Restart your Xbox console.
Now, there’s something very specific you need to do while restarting your Xbox to fix this Fortnite sign in error. Thanks to Limitless6989 on Reddit for this info:
- Launch Fortnite until it says press A to start.
- Then press A to sign in but, of course, you won’t be able to due to the error.
- Now, press and hold the Xbox button and click on restart.
- It’s crucial to avoid doing any other step in between such as closing Fortnite, as recommended by the Redditor. You should see the loading circle in a loop which is when you need to restart the game.
- Once the game restarts, log into your account and launch Fortnite.
- Press A to sign in and this should fix the ‘An unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for Xbox live’ issue.
Hopefully, this should fix the problem and you should be able to get into a game easily. In case this ends up not working, you can contact Fortnite/Epic or Xbox customer support and they will help you out.
For any more tips, tricks for Fortnite or Xbox related error fixes, check out our guides on Gamer Tweak.