How To Side Hop, Backflip, & Perfect Guard In Zelda TOTK
The challenges for Link will level up as you progress through the main story. Hence, it is important that you learn some basic tricks to do while engaging in combat. Besides being aggressive, you should also know how to defend yourself from incoming enemy attacks. To help you out in Combat, we will be mentioning the steps to perform a Backflip, Side Hop, and Perfect Guard in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK). Take a look below.
Backflip, Side Hop, & Perfect Guard Combat Controls in TOTK
Check out the steps below to know how to perform the most underdog defensive tricks in Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK).
How to Side Hop
Here’s how you can save yourself from incoming damage by doing a Side Hop in TOTK
- Press and hold the ‘ZL’ button.
- While holding it, move the left stick from side to side.
- After that, simply press the ‘X‘ button to jump.
How to do Backflip
To perform an agile move like Backflip, use the following buttons.
- Firstly, press & hold the ‘ZL’ button on your controller.
- As you keep on holding it, push the left stick downwards.
- At last, press the ‘X’ button to Jump and perform a Backflip in TOTK.
How to do Perfect Guard in TOTK
By executing a combat maneuver like Perfect Guard in TOTK, you can push back the enemy. Here’s how you can do so.
- Again here, you need to press and hold the ‘ZL’ button.
- Now, you just need to wait for the perfect moment and hit the ‘A’ button to Parry.
- If you do it at the right time, then you can counter & push back an enemy.
Luckily, if you are able to pull any of these moves at the right time, then you can perform a Flurry Rush. Also, you can practice Side Hop, Backflip, and Perfect Guard any time by visiting the Kyononis Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK). Once you reach there, a Combat Training challenge will appear allowing you to do all these 3 defensive combat movements.
The Kyononis Shrine is found near the Hyrule Castle Town Ruins. The map coordinates for this Shrine are (-0206, 0452, 0021).
Now that you know how to do a Side Hop, Backflip, & Perfect Guard in Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK), you can get an upper hand in combat. Apart from this, you must also know how to Throw Items in Zelda TOTK. So, make sure to check out our guide on it.