Zelda TOTK: How To Perfect Dodge & Flurry Rush
Once you have mastered the Flurry Rush in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, there is no going back. Similar to BOTW, it is a recurring ability of Link that perfectly dodges attacks from enemies and deals them damage. Soon as you perfectly dodge the attack, the time slows down giving you a chance to beat the enemy with a chain of attacks. So, you can deal massive damage to your enemies. But if you have played BOTW, you know mastering this ability can take you some time. Don’t worry, here’s how you can Flurry Rush and Perfect Dodge in Zelda: TOTK.
How to Flurry Rush in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK)
While there are no prerequisites to Flurry Rush, you must equip a weapon and execute a perfect dodge to perform this ability. But for an ideal dodge, timing is the key and the most crucial factor.
While we will come back to this later, follow the below steps to Flurry Rush in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom:
- Firstly, press the ZL button to focus and lock onto your enemy.
- While fighting the enemy, analyze your enemy’s melee attacks closely.
- Be patient and wait for the right time for the right dodge. Whenever the timing is right, you must jump and move in the correct direction to execute a perfect dodge.
- Press the X button and use your left joystick simultaneously to jump in a direction you want to dodge.
- If you could ideally dodge their attacks, you will be prompted to use Flurry Rush.
- Then, press the Y button to perform the Flurry rush ability on your enemy.
How to Perfect Dodge in Zelda: TOTK
As mentioned earlier, timing is the most essential key to performing a Perfect dodge in Tears of the Kingdom. You can perfectly dodge only the incoming melee attacks from your enemies. So, don’t sweat when dealing with ranged attacks from enemies. Also, be cautious when swarmed with multiple enemies at once.
Here are some tips for a Perfect Dodge in Tears of the Kingdom:
- You can time your dodges by reading the attack patterns from your enemies.
- If the enemy in combat is alone, try to learn their attacks rather than rushing.
- Aside from moving sideways, you can also dodge the melee attacks from backward.
- Lastly, be patient as learning Flurry Rush and perfect dodge can be a bit time-consuming.
That’s all about how to Perfect Dodge and Flurry Rush in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on how to increase weapon durability, get max Hearts and Stamina, and more Legend of Zelda: TOTK Guides in our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.