There are many quests that players will come across in Baldur’s Gate 3, including saving a pregnant widow named Mayrina from the clutches of a hag called Auntie Ethel. Like any other quest in the game, players must navigate their way and confront Auntie Ethel, whom they first met at Druid Grove. With Mayrina’s brothers not so big on trust and the hag being a powerful Fey, players can find their situation to be more tricky than usual. In this guide, we will explain, how you can rescue and help her realize the true intentions of Auntie Ethel in BG3.
How to Save Mayrina in Baldur’s Gate 3
To begin the Save Mayrina quest, players will first have to interact with her two brothers named Johl and Demir in Baldur’s Gate 3. You will come across them in the Sunlit Wetlands accusing Auntie Ethel of kidnapping their sister. Here, you will have to side in with them right as the hag will teleport away. Although with all said and done, the brothers won’t trust you with your assistance. Insisting on finding their sister themselves in BG3. The hag will kill them off-screen, however, you can still go ahead and save Mayrina, and to do so here are the steps you can follow:
- You will first come across Mayrina and Auntie Ethel at her residence, the Riverside Teahouse.
- Once you find Mayrina, you can either tell her about her brothers being killed off by Auntie Ethel. She will call off the deal she made to resurrect her husband and face off against the hag.
- However, if you choose to not tell her, the hag will offer you her help to do with your Tadpole situation, and some of your companions won’t agree to it.
- Once you say no and try to face off against her, she will teleport Mayrina to someplace else.
- Although to move further, players will have to investigate the fireplace, where they will find the wall to be an illusion.
- Players will have to pick up the Whispering Mask to get past and down the stairs to Overgrown Tunnel. Although, make sure to remove it once done or Auntie Ethel will control you.
- In the tunnel, players will have to first defeat four of Ethel’s mask victims.
- You will find poison everywhere in the tunnel. However, it’s an illusion that players will be able to see it if they have their Whispering Mask on.
- Once you pass them and head ahead, you will come across two pathways. Players can head down to the Ancient Abode to find Mayrina and face Ethel to save her Baldur’s Gate 3.
In the Ancient Abode, players will find Mayrina in a cage with Auntie Ethel lurking.
- Heading closer to the cage to save Mayrina will trigger the boss fight. Ethel will also try to burn the cage in the game.
- We recommend you cast a Mage Hand spell before interacting with the cage. The spell will help you use the Control Orb and set Mayrina free in the game. Another key thing to keep in mind if you fail to succeed in using the Control Orb, you can always use the level 1 transmutation spell Create Or Destroy Water to stop the fire.
- After which you will have to face the hag, however, it is worth keeping in mind that she will clone herself three times. Once even replacing Mayrina from the cage with herself. Mayrina will notify you if she is the one being placed as Ethel in the fight.
- As she goes invisible at the final cloning, players can take care of her by doing AoE damages. This will reveal her, after which you can finish her off but keeping her alive with some health is recommended.
- Ethel will offer you a choice to leave the girl with her in exchange for a reward. Though we recommend you complete the quest at hand and save Mayrina in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Players can look for the Bitter Divorce wand in Acrid’s workshop. Mayrina’s husband can be resurrected with the wand in Baldur’s Gate 3. Although he will come back as a zombie in the game. After which you can either keep it or give it to her.
That’s everything covered on how to save Mayrina in Baldur’s Gate 3. Check out our dedicated Baldur’s Gate 3 section for more interesting guides like these, right here on Gamer Tweak.