Believe us when we say, you can now mute the beep sound from the PS5. Yes, the latest update rolled out by Sony lets you turn off that annoying sound you get during each PS5 startup. Though there are a host of other innovative features in the update too, users are more delighted with the beep sound being shown the door. The beep sound on Sony’s ninth-gen console is loud enough to wake up sleeping family members, startle pets, and so on. Moreover, many users also pointed out that the sound has become louder over the years. Luckily, Sony will now let you boot up your PS5 console in complete silence.
How to Mute PS5 Beep Sound
After 17 years since its introduction on the PS3, Sony has finally given users the option to mute the annoying PS5 beep sound. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- First, boot up your PS5 and go to “Settings”.
- Then, select “System>Beep Sound”.
- To adjust the volume of the Beep Sound, select “Volume”.
- If you want to mute the PS5 beep sound, then turn on “Mute Beep Sound”.
Now that you have learned how to get rid of the beep sound on your PlayStation 5, do check out the other innovative features introduced in the update.
All PS5 Beta Release Features
- New Accessibility Features
- Use a Second Controller for Assistance
- System UI Haptic Feedback
- Support for Dolby Atmos-enabled audio devices
- Social feature enhancements
- Party UI update
- Share Screen Preview
- Join friends’ game sessions easily
- Game Hub tournaments tile
- React to messages with emojis
- Ease-of-use features
- Search for games in your library
- Game Help improvements
- Discover new features
- Mute PS5 beep sound
- Support for larger-capacity M.2 SSDs
With that, we have reached the end of our article. We hope you learned how to mute the beep sound on the PS5. You can get more informative guides on the PS5 Slim release date, resetting your PS5 controller, and how to fix restore licenses not working error on the PlayStation 5.