In Tower of Fantasy, one of the best ways to get resources is to open Password Chests. You can come across them while exploring the game’s world. But when you actually try to open them you get two different options for it. And this can confuse many players. So in this guide let us check how to open Password chests in Tower of Fantasy (ToF) and how to get password chips.
How to Open Password Chests in Tower of Fantasy
You can open Password Chest in this game by either using a Perfect Decipher or a Forced Decipher. These are the only two ways you can open these chests in the game.
- Explore the open world and look for Password Chests.
- When you come across one it will tell you the type of chest that it is and let you interact with it. The three types of Password chests are Type I, Type II, and Type III.
- Interact with it and you get two options Perfect Decipher (Rewards Up) or Forced Decipher.
- To open a chest using Perfect Decipher you need Password Chips. Depending on the chest you are opening you need the chip accordingly. So for example, you need a Type I Password chip to open a Type I Password Chest. It is a minor trade-off. You exchange one chip to get better and more rewards from the chest.
- As for using Forced Decipher, you don’t need any Password Chips. So while you can open it directly the rewards you get using this method won’t be as fancy as when you use the previous way.
How to Get more Password Chips
You get Password Chips by completing bounties. Another way to get them is by completing Weekly missions. Using these two methods you are most likely to get Type I Password Chips. But they might also give you Type II or Type III chips.
Should you use Perfect Decipher or Forced Decipher?
The answer to this comes down to whether you have Password Chips or not. In case you have them, or have a bounty that will give you Password chips. Then you should get the Password chips, and then use Perfect Decipher. And if you are out of chips and have no way to get more chips then you should open the Password Chests using Forced Decipher.
That covers this guide on how to open password chests in Tower of Fantasy (ToF) and how to get password chips. Since you like playing this game you can find these guides useful on the best settings, how to fix crashing, and how the gacha system works.