Gems are a pretty rare resource in New World. Obviously, it’s right in the name. New World also follows the trend of other games which keep these shiny objects as rare items. And it is justifiable too. These gems are used to boost and upgrade weapons in the game. So, let’s find out where and how to get these Gems in the game.
How to get Gems in New World?
- To get Gems, you will first have to mine various Veins.
- All you have to do is head over to any Ore Veins.
- You will be able to locate the same by looking for the Resource Locations Icon on the map.
- Make sure you keep a lookout for any dark-looking rock in your surroundings.
- Now, just head over to said rocks.
- If this rock is actually an Ore Vein in New World you will be able to see an interactive pop-up with the name of the resource.
- Equip the Pickaxe and long-press the E key and you will be able to break the rock.
- After this, you will get Gems as a resource in New World.
- However, you have to remember that Gems are not a confirmed drop. You will have to break open a lot of rocks before you can actually get Gemstones as a drop.
- If you do have a high mining rating, it will be easier for you to get Gems as a drop in the game. The drop rates are not concrete as of now.
- The higher the rarity of the Ore Vein, the higher the probability of getting a rare gem.
- Also, the rarer your pickaxe, the better your chances of getting gems.