Nether Portal is a shortcut between Nether and Overworld in Minecraft. This allows for seamless travel between the two realms. You will need to construct one every time you want to travel between these two worlds. So, let’s find out how to make this Nether Portal.
How to Make a Nether Portal?
- To make a Nether Portal you will first have to mine for Obsidian. 10 blocks of Obsidian is the minimum required to build the structure.
- Once you do that the next step is to make a Portal Frame.
- You can do this either by making a 4×5 rectangle frame with the edges made of stone blocks like the image above or the complete frame made with Obsidian blocks.
- Next, you will have to light up the frame you built to activate the portal.
- Now, walk through the portal and you will be able to get to the other realm.
- If you are in the Nether and want to travel back to the Overworld you will have to follow the same steps.
The very first step to make a Nether Portal in Minecraft is that you will have to mine Obsidian. You will need between 10 blocks minimum to make the frame. You will get Obsidian when lava mixes with water. Then using a diamond pickaxe you can mine Obsidian blocks.
Once you have finished making the frame for the portal, you will have to light it on fire. You can do that easily by crafting a Flint and Steel or using a Fire Charge. Once you do that just set fire to the frame and the inner part will turn purple.
This is everything you need to know about how to make a Nether Portal in Minecraft. Also, read this – Where to find the Nether Fortress in Minecraft?