Players of Magic The Gathering (MTG) Arena are receiving an unable to login- Authentication Failed error in-game and are looking for a fix to this issue. This is causing them to have problems with the game servers which in turn results in trouble during log-in. In this guide, we’ve listed out a set of fixes for MTG Arena players!
How to Fix the Unable To Login Authentication Failed Error in MTG Arena?
To put an end to your problems, we’ve listed a few methods. The following steps should help you solve the aforementioned error in-game:
- Check to see if the game is down for server maintenance, updates, or any other stuff that involves the servers for a specific amount of time. If this is what’s causing the issue, you’ll have to wait for servers to resume and go back up.
- If the step above doesn’t fix the unable to login error/authentication failed in MTG Arena and the issue persists for over a day, it’s probably something going wrong on the user’s end. Games like Magic The Gathering Arena that use online connections require to have clear access to the system’s network to connect them to the servers. It’s possible here that MTG Arena gets blocked by a firewall. This prevents a login. Here’s how you can redo it.
- Launch Control Panel
- Select system and security and then click on Windows firewall.
- Locate the option Turn Windows Firewall On or Off.
- Hit the option Turn Off Windows Firewall (Not Recommended).
- Select OK.
- Close the window and launch MTG Arena. Your game should function properly now, but in case you are still unable to login- follow the next fix.
- Try restarting your device as well as your network connection device(Modem, Router).
Once done, uninstall the game and reinstall it– this time it shouldn’t have any connection or login issues.
- If all the aforementioned steps still don’t result in a fix – try to address your issue to the Wizards of the Coast support which is the official tech support for Magic The Gathering Arena. You might have to wait for a while since the team analyzes the issue in-depth before getting back to you.
These should pretty much spell the end of your problems with the authentication failed error in Magic The Gathering Arena. We hope this guide was of help to you. If you face additional issues in-game, be sure to check out this guide that helps you with fixes for MTG Arena!