MLB The Show 21 will cause the hitter to check his swing when he is up on the plate. This is a classic case of AI interfering with the gameplay characteristics. While sometimes it can be wise to let the AI takeover in the case of something complex like Baserunning, check swing is something that you should take over. It can be annoying as the AI might cause you to take an unnecessary strike which might even result in a strikeout. Scroll down and read below to know more about how to turn off Check Swing in MLB The Show 21.
How to not Check Swing in MLB The Show 21
- To stop/not check-swing you need to commit to the swing.
- You can commit to the swing by using the Left Analog Stick.
- If you are using another Hitting Interface make sure you keep clicking the respective shot button and follow through.
- This will override the AI and not cause your hitter to check the swing.
- There is no way to manually turn it off, however.
The Check Swing can be a bit annoying at times as it might get you a strike in MLB. If your bat stays beyond the plate and if the pitcher throws the ball it will be called a ball. However, if the ball lands in the Strike Zone and doesn’t hit your bat, it will still be called a strike. If your bat does connect with the ball it will again be called for a strike. However, this is all up to the umpire. And just like real life, you might be able to get away with it.
This is everything you need to know more about how to turn off Check Swing in MLB The Show 21. Another annoying feature you can turn off is Baserunning, so make sure you read up about that.