The Pickoff is an extremely important aspect in MLB The Show 21. As games imitate life, The Show 21 takes some handy tricks from the MLB playbook. And players and fans who have been watching the game for a while now know how a pickoff can change the face of a game. By performing a Pickoff attempt you can ensure that no one steals the base. Using a Pickoff attempt in MLB helps keep the baserunner close to the bag. However, you need to be on your toes or rather fingertips while playing MLB The Show 21 to execute this perfectly. Scroll down and read below to know how to Pickoff a Runner in MLB The Show 21.
How to Pickoff a Runner in MLB The Show 21
- To perform a Pickoff attempt on a runner click ‘L2’ on PlayStation and ‘LT’ on Xbox so that you can see the runner clearly.
- You will have to keep an eye on the video screen that appears on the top left when you are performing a pitch.
- In this, you will see the baserunner getting ready to make an attempt to steal a base.
- Now select the base you want to throw to and the pitcher will perform a Pickoff attempt on the runner.
- If successful the runner will be declared out.
- Successfully performing a Pickoff attempt on a runner in MLB The Show 21 will earn you the Dugout Walk achievement trophy.
While performing a pickoff it is very important to time your attempt correctly. Keep a keen eye on the screen on the top left. The baserunners will always stand a couple of steps away from the base. Make sure that they are slowly sliding away from the base and that’s when you can perfectly perform your Pickoff attempt. If you mistime this, the baserunner will be back on the bag.