It is evident that you will have to reach different stories of huge buildings in Minecraft. Since moving up and down frequently on huge buildings can become hectic, we are here with a guide on how to make a Water Elevator using Soul Sand in Minecraft. This elevator will let you quickly move through various large structures in no time.
Minecraft: How to Make Water Elevator Using Soul Sand
To make a water elevator using Soul Sand in Minecraft, you will require a few items, which are:
- Iron bucket: You can craft an iron bucket with three iron bars. It is needed to fill the water required to build the Water Elevator.
- Blocks: Required to build the sidewalls of the elevator so that you don’t fall off. You can choose any blocks.
- Soul Sand block: Found in the Nether region, it is required to help you move upwards in the elevator.
- Magma block: Found in the Nether region, it is required to help you move downwards in the elevator.
- Two signs: Required to put on the sides of the Soul and Magma blocks so that the water does not flow outside the elevator track.
Once you have all the required ingredients, follow the below step-by-step guide to building a Water Elevator using Soul Sand block in Minecraft.
- Use your building blocks to create a column. (Surround a single block sideways and backwards with only a single space going upward)
- Dig the center of your column up to one block down and place the Soul Sand block within.
Create a walkway on the Soul Sand and place the two signs.
- Stand on top of the elevator and place the water on the soul sand.
If the water starts moving upwards along with bubbles, you have created the Water Elevator successfully.
- Step inside the stream and it will take you to the top of the building, until where you have created the elevator.
You will also have to ensure that every space in the elevator is equipped with a water source for the elevator to function appropriately. But that’s not the end, if you are going up, you also need a column to come down. Hence, create another column beside this one for coming down. Simply follow the same process, the only change is that you have to use the Magma block this time, instead of the Soul Sand. However, while coming down the elevator using the Magma block, you will get minor damage, which you can easily recover after reaching the ground.
That’s everything you need to know about how to make a Water Elevator using Soul Sand in Minecraft. Minecraft is a vast game, ensure reading our guides on how to change the weather, craft Charcoal, and make Potion of Weakness in Minecraft.