COD Modern Warfare 2 features a plethora of new content and gameplay mechanics. But the game also features a fair share of bugs, errors, and issues. Recently, some players encountered an issue with their microphone devices. As players tried to communicate, their teammates couldn’t hear anything. With an FPS multiplayer game, it can get pretty frustrating if you cannot use the Voice comms. So, what’s the main reason for Modern Warfare 2 not picking up the Mic? Check out our guide on how to fix the Mic not working issue in MW2.
How to Fix the Mic Not Working Or Picking Up Issue in MW2
Fortunately, this issue has been acknowledged by Infinity Ward in their official tweet. The mic not picking up any sound or other audio continuity issues have been investigated thoroughly by IW. They recently tweeted that PS4 users should see significant improvements due to the recent update.
But there can be several reasons for the Mic not working in MW2. That being said, there are several methods to check if it’s not an issue from your side. So, here are some basic workarounds or check-ups that can resolve this issue:
Check MW2 Audio Settings
- Head over to Settings and hit the Audio tab from the left pane.
- Scroll down to find the Voice Chat section and select the Microphone Device option.
- From the drop-down section, select your Microphone.
It will be set as the Default System Device. But you can try out selecting your Microphone manually to check if it resolves the issue.
Check Sound Settings
- Exit COD MW2 and hit the Start button.
- Search for Sound Settings on the search bar and open Settings.
- Similar to the last method, you need to manually select your input device.
- You can select your microphone from the dropdown section under the Input section.
Update Audio Drivers
- Search for the Device Manager on the Start menu and launch it.
- Then, double-click or expand the Sound, video, and game controllers options.
- You need to right-click on your Microphone and select the Update driver option.
- This would install the latest drivers for your audio drivers. Restart your PC and launch the game to check if the issues persist.
Check Your Mic with Other Games
You can try if your Microphone is having trouble with other games as well. If your teammates are unable to pick any sound on that game, it might be a headphone or mic-related problem.
If the problem’s on your end, the above workarounds would resolve the Mic not picking up any sound issue in MW2. As mentioned earlier, Infinity Ward is working toward this issue. So, hopefully, you shouldn’t have any issues in the future.
That’s everything covered on how to fix Mic not working issue in MW2. If you liked this guide, check out our more guides on how to get Longshot Kills, how to change Reticle, how to stop the Countdown Missile, and more COD Modern Warfare II Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.