Fire Emblem Heroes allows you to merge allies to get better heroes. This is a neat mechanism that lets you take your duplicate heroes and put them to good use. And that use is to enhance the existing hero that you might already be using. So in this guide let us check how to Merge Allies in Fire Emblem Heroes, and learn their effects.
How to Merge Allies in Fire Emblem Heroes
Merging Allies in this game is pretty straightforward. You need to have two of the same heroes to merge. Here is its process:
- Tap on the Allies button.
- Next, tap on Advanced Growth.
- Here tap on Merge Allies.
- Tap on the Lose slot and then the hero you no longer need to place it there.
- Similarly, tap on the Enhance slot and then the hero you want to improve to move it there.
- Click on Next.
- The game will then give you a warning and information about the benefit you get from merging.
- Once you are sure click on the Confirm button.
- This will give you a final popup, to confirm you want to merge tap on Inherit. You get these popups because once you merge the two heroes you lose the hero you placed on the Lose slot.
Remember the heroes need to be the same not just their names. So for example you cannot merge Alfonse: Askran Duo with Alfonse: Prince of Askr. But you can merge Alfonse: Prince of Askr with another Alfonse: Prince of Askr. Irrespective of its rarity.
Merging Effects in FEH
Here are the different conditions of merging and the advantages you get from them:
- Merging a lower star hero with a higher star hero
- You get extra SP
- Merging a higher star hero with a lower star hero
- It reduces the hero’s unlock potential and feather cost while giving improved stats and additional SP.
- Merging a previously merged hero with a non-merged hero
- The non-merged hero gains the previous hero’s merges. It also gets improved stats and additional SP.
- Merging two heroes of the same rarity
- 4 Stars or below: You get reduced feather cost and unlock potential. You also get additional SP and improved stats.
- 5 Stars: You get additional stats and improved stats.
- Merging a hero (inherited skills) with another hero (basic skills)
- The new hero gets all inherited and basic skills. They also get the learned status.
- Merging a hero (refined weapon) with another hero (basic weapon)
- The new hero gets the refined weapon along with its learned status.
- Merging a hero (conferred blessing) with another hero (no conferred blessing)
- The new hero gets the conferred blessing.
- Merging a hero (Dragonflower enhancements) with another hero (with lesser or no enhancements)
- The new hero gets the enhancements. But they don’t get combined.
Thanks to Fire Emblem Heroes Fandom for their information on these effects.
That covers everything you need to do to Merge Allies in Fire Emblem Heroes. Since you like playing this game I suggest you check our other guides on how to get sacred seals, get shards, and get SP in this game.