All the Mass Effect games are very detailed, from the alien planet setting, the weapons, and the teammates. Everything is very well crafted including the backstories of different teammates and the variety you encounter on the multiple planets you visit. Alien codex entries give you an insight into the species and a brief history of what happened with them. While all of this isn’t necessary for the main plotline, the game makes you find all of these if you want to unlock the Scholar achievement or the Archivist trophy. Let’s see how to get all primary alien codex entries in Mass Effect Legendary Edition.
How To Get All Primary Alien Codex Entries In Mass Effect Legendary Edition?
Here’s a list of all the primary alien codex entries and how to get them
1) Council Races In Mass Effect Legendary Edition
- Turian:- You don’t need to unlock their codex entries separately. It is already unlocked when you talk to Nihlus at the start of the game
- Asari:- Their codex entries are also automatically unlocked after you meet the council for the first time in the game
- Salarian:- Similar to Asari’s their codex entries are also unlocked after the first council meeting
2) Non-Council Races In Mass Effect Legendary Edition
- Geth:- While talking to Ashley on Eden prime, use all the dialogue options to know more about Geth
- Batarian:- Before exiting from Citadel, talk to Captain Anderson and use all the dialog to know more about the Batarian.
- Quarian:- This one is unlocked automatically when you get Tali on the team
- Krogan:- This one is unlocked automatically when you get Wrex on the team
- Keepers:- To unlock this you will have to speak to Avina VI at the Wards Access fast travel point. She will tell you more about the Keepers
- Elcor:- Talk to the Elcor diplomat in the room next to the Human Embassy. Use all the dialogue options to know more about the Elcor.
- Volus:- While talking to the Volus diplomat in the room next to the Human Embassy, use all the dialogue options to know more about the Volus.
- Hanar:- To unlock this you will have to speak to the Preaching Hanar or the Hanar merchant near the Wards Access fast travel point. While talking use all the dialogue options to unlock it
3) Extinct Races In Mass Effect Legendary Edition
• Prothean:- Before leaving for Eden prime, talk to Captain Anderson. Use all dialogue options to know more about the Protheans
• Rachni:- Talk to Avina VI near the Financial district fast travel point. She will tell you all you need to know about the Krogan statue and the Rachni War.
While this was how you can get all the primary alien codex entries. Getting all the entries will get you trophies and achievements so make sure you get all of them.
That’s all for this one, do check out our article to know how to get more Probes in Mass Effect Legendary Edition.