Mass Effect Legendary Edition did undergo a massive overhaul but issues like its Limited FOV and Mouse Acceleration remain which can only be fixed by a mod. BioWare still hasn’t come out with any official update or patch for the same. This is very surprising as this issue has plagued the game since it initially came out 14 years ago. It also underwent a rather serious graphics change with the Legendary Edition pack but still has the tiny FOV. Again, the mods reign supreme and give you a way out of this with a wilder FOV option. So, let’s find out how to download and install the FOV mod for MELE.
How to download and install the FOV mod for Mass Effect Legendary Edition?
- First, download the Better Camera FOV mod from Nexus Mods which you can find in the interlinked article.
- Next, open the Legendary Edition File Directory in C:/Program Files (x86).
- For each game you will have to use their individual folders, ME1: Mass Effect Legendary Edition\Game\ME1\BioGame\CookedPCConsole, ME2: Mass Effect Legendary Edition\Game\ME2\BioGame\CookedPCConsole, and ME3: Mass Effect Legendary Edition\Game\ME3\BioGame\CookedPCConsole.
- In each of these save a separate backup to the Coalesced.bin file.
- Now, open the downloaded file.
- Replace all the Coalesced.bin files with the .7z files.
- Do it for each game individually.
- Now, open Steam or Origin and simply run your game.
Also Read: Best Mass Effect Legendary Edition Mods
As of now, this is the only way to change your FOV in the game. Doing so will in no way damage your game files. It will severely improve your playing experience.
This is everything you need to know about how to download and install the FOV Mod in Mass Effect 1 Legendary Edition. While you are here make sure you visit our Mass Effect Legendary Edition Wiki to learn more about the game.