Miranda is a rather important character in the Mass Effect series and she will require saving. Unfortunately, her life is at threat in Mass Effect 3. And only your Commander Shepard can make efforts to save her life. Her life is under threat after the Suicide Mission and Priority: Horizon will be looking to make the deal final. Fortunately, if you do have a soft spot for Miranda, you can save her. So let’s find out how to save Miranda Lawson in ME3. Major Spoilers ahead!
How to save Miranda in Mass Effect 3
While Miranda needs saving in ME3, the process for it begins all the way back in ME2.
- The first step you can undertake is to complete Miranda’s Loyalty Mission in ME 2 which is known as Miranda: The Prodigal. This mission takes place on Illium and will earn you her loyalty.
- You will also have to make sure that Miranda survives the Suicide Mission in Mass Effect 2.If she dies during the Suicide mission, she won’t make an appearance in Mass Effect 3.
- Do not get into a relationship with Miranda or do not romance her. Have you not learned anything from pop culture? Someone who is close to you will die.
- However, if you do romance Miranda make sure you do not break it off. If you do that she will die. You can decide to romance someone else as long as your relationship with Miranda isn’t locked in.
- Now, in Mass Effect 3, meet up with Miranda whenever she asks you to do so via private messages if you want to save her. Each of these meets will have a specific validity. So, make sure you complete them in time.
- For the first meeting, Miranda will meet you at the Citadel Docks before the attack on the Citadel titled Priority: Citadel II. For the second meeting, you will have to do some preparation by reading about Kai Leng from the private or Shadow Broker terminals and speaking to Anderson about the same as you need to warn Miranda about Leng. After you do that meet up with Miranda in the Specter Office. The last meeting with Miranda takes place in Presidium Commons and you will need to give Miranda access to the Alliance Resources she needs. In all these conversations make sure you convince her that you will help her out with her missions.
- Make sure you have a high amount of Paragon in order to help her during the final conflict in Priority: Horizon.
- Now, during Priority: Horizon you will get broken messages from Miranda. At the end of Priority: Horizon you will come face to face with Miranda’s father. Using the Charm/Intimidate dialogue option try to convince him to let Oriana go. This will end in Miranda attacking her father and killing him.
- Fortunately for you, unlike other NPCs, Miranda’s survivability doesn’t depend on your loyalty to her.
This is everything you need to know about how to save Miranda in Mass Effect 3. While you are here you can even have a look at our Mass Effects Legendary Edition Wiki to learn more about the game.