Apex Legends, since its first release in February 2020 has received many updates. And quite easily, bugs get carried along in these updates too. Every PC, Xbox and PS4 user of Apex Legend will have suffered a game crash, invalid account bug or a mouse latency issue in the game.
The developers of this Battle Royale, Respawn Entertainment have been honest and open about these problems in the game. There have been many attempts to tackle these glitches with Apex Legends rolling out many fixes in their updates for PC as well as Xbox and PS4 consoles. Although, none of them have proven as a complete success.
But this problem is a thing of the past. In 2020, we have assembled the latest guide to help you stop Apex Legends from Crashing on PS4, Xbox, and PC.
How to stop Apex Legends from Crashing on PS4?
In May 2019, there came an update in Apex Legends that gave you new skins and outfits. But who knew that riding along with this update was the “game-crash bug”. Soon enough PS4 users across the clone started suffering from Apex Legends game crashes, midway between a steamy battle. If you have suffered from this as well, we have the perfect fix for you that will stop Apex Legends from Crashing in your PS4.
Before anything else, make sure –
- Your PS4 software is up to date. Update your PS4 if you haven’t already.
- Power off your PS4 by pressing the power button for 7 seconds.
- Restart after 1 minute and launch the game.
Try playing the game now. If it is still crashing, then follow the given steps. These will fix Apex Legends on your PS4 permanently –
- Take out any external device, if there is, from the USB slot of your Play Station.
- Go to Apex Legends game settings and turn the Voice to Text converter off.
- If your game license has expired, get it renewed and restored.
- Now re-install Apex Legends on your PS4. Don’t worry, your game progress will not be lost. All data is saved in your cloud storage.
And with this, your Apex Legends will be up and running as it will be relieved of the game crashing bugs.
How to stop Apex Legends from Crashing on Xbox?
The update 1.03 for Apex Legends, released in early February of 2020, brought along a bunch of glitches to the game. The main problem was undeniably the game crashes. Respawn Entertainment had to temporarily disable the updates because of this but in vain.
We have you covered in this as well. With the latest guide of 2020, you can say goodbye to random game crashes fro apex Legends in Xbox. Firstly disable the Media Access Control (MAC address) from your Xbox. You can do this by –
- Open the Xbox Dashboard.
- Go to Settings>Network Settings> Advanced>MAC address
- Clear the MAC address from this section.
Once you have successfully removed media accessibility from your Xbox, perform these final steps –
- Delete all the local data of Apex legends saved in your Game manager.
- Unplug your Xbox from its power source.
- You can also try to perform a system reboot on your Xbox. This repairs any unwanted glitches from your Apex legends which were not part of the originally installed game.
- Unplug any external devices from the USB jack of your Xbox.
- Now restart your Xbox.
- Re-install Apex Legends on your Xbox.
Do not worry, you will continue the game from where you left off. All your game data had been saved on the cloud by default. And with this fix, your Apex legends will never crash on your Xbox.
How to stop Apex Legends from Crashing on PC?
Before you start the Apex Legends crash fixes on your PC, here are is something you have to keep in mind –
Make sure that your PC satisfies the minimum system requirements for Apex Legends. Here are the list system requirements for the game –
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7
- Processor (AMD): AMD FX 4350 or Equivalent
- Processor (Intel): Intel Core i3 6300 or Equivalent
- Memory: 6GB – DDR3 @1333 RAM
- Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7730
- Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GT 640
- DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
- Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
- Hard-drive space: 22GB
Once the above-mentioned requirements are fulfilled, you can get on to the next step of the process. Here is the latest step by step guide, for the year 2020, to stop crashing of Apex legends on your PC.
Apex Legends is an amazingly popular Battle Royale with over 70 million gamers on-board.
It is a unique concept of merging humans and humanoids under the same roof. Unlike the rest of the Battle Royales out there (PUBG, Fortnite, Garena Free Fire) Apex Legends lets you choose between 6 different characters known as the Legends. Each Legend has unique capabilities, strength, and firepower.
It was quite sorrowful that Apex legends had to go through a wave of bugs and glitches, with every update they released. But this guide will help you overcome the biggest error of game crashes in Apex Legends, on your PC as well as consoles like Xbox and PS4. For the latest guides on this game, you can refer to our Apex Legends guides. You won’t be disappointed!