The recent release of Overwatch 2 features a wide of unique and recurring characters from the predecessor. One of the recurring characters that received massive changes is the Junkrat. But several players are unable to score big numbers on the leaderboard with his character. Not to worry, check out our guide for tips and strategies on how to play as Junkrat in Overwatch 2.
How to Play as Junkrat in Overwatch 2 (Tips & Strategies)
Before we delve into the play style of the Junkrat, you need to unlock him in Overwatch 2. You can unlock this character by completing the tutorial and 12 Unranked matches. So, here are some important tips and strategies to play as Junkrat:
- Junkrat can plant several traps that detonate when players try to sneak up on him. His Steel Trap ability clamps down the opponents to cause 100 Damage and root them for 3 seconds.
- You can use this ability to get kills even if you are eliminated. All you need to do is place these traps remotely in different locations.
- We suggest placing these traps in a location where players are forced to either walk into or destroy them.
- His other ability is the Concussion Mine ability which can also be used as a trap to damage your opponents.
- While he cannot receive any damage from these mines, he can use them to throw himself into the higher ground or fly away.
- This ability can also be used to knock back your opponents or push them far from the arena.
- Rather than the Steel Trap, these mines are less visible as they are sunk below the surface. So, you can use this ability to surprise your opponents.
- You can also try out the combo of Concussion Mine and Steel Trap to cause serious damage. It can potentially kill the characters of 200 HP.
- Speaking of the Ultimate abilities, RIP-Tire, you can control an explosive tire for a temporary time. Now, you can control this tire until it is destroyed or explodes.
- Unlike the ultimate abilities of other characters, we suggest using Junkrat’s ultimate as much as possible.
- Due to the loud engine, other players can detect this ultimate from far away. So, we suggest not driving it directly toward your enemies. You can steer it sideways or behind your enemies to sneak attack them.
So, you can use Junkrat as an amazing Defender or DPS character. But it all depends upon your suitable playstyle.
That’s everything covered about how to play Junkrat in Overwatch 2. If you liked this guide, check out our more guides on how to play Pharah, how to play Support, and more Overwatch 2 Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.