The release of Forza Horizon 5 has brought joy and happiness to the racing game community. But this happiness has been struck with frustration as the game has a wonky start. What I mean by this is that they were many instances where the game would display install errors. You may see something like “An error occurred while unpacking: Does not match checksum.” Don’t fret as there is a solution to this. In today’s article, I will explain the Install Errors Fix in Forza Horizon 5 with the Game Pass.
How to Fix Forza Horizon 5 Install Errors
There are many reasons why the game keeps crashing on its download.
- It could be your Internet connection, so do have a check on it as Forza Horizon 5 will start to download smoothly if its network is stable.
- If that’s not the case then it could be that other downloads are happening concurrently. Suspend those downloads for a while or until you installed Forza Horizon 5.
- Another issue could be that there could be background apps running. These apps eat up precious resources that the game requires for downloading. Terminate them by going to the Task Manager and selecting the End Task button on the background app.
- If those don’t fix the Install Errors then Game Pass will help out.
- You will have to first go to your Xbox/Microsoft Store/Gaming Services app.
- Press the Start Button and Search Xbox/Microsoft Store/Gaming Services in the Start Menu.
- In the App select the game we want to fix, in this case, Forza Horizon 5.
- Upon selecting the game, there will be an option of Advanced Settings.
- Click it and there will be an option of Repair under it, click on that too.
- This should fix the Install Error in Forza Horizon 5 using the Game Pass.
- But if that doesn’t work then select the Reset option.
- After the Reset and Restarting your PC, the Install Error in Forza Horizon 5 should get fixed.
If that still didn’t work out then contact the Support forums and get the solution from there. Hopefully, things don’t get to that. This was all about the Install Error Fix in Forza Horizon 5 using Game Pass. Hopefully, this guide helped fix the error at hand. You can also check out our guides on Treasure Map Not Working Fix and Multiplayer Convoy Not Working Fix in Forza Horizon 5.