You can use the Treasure map in FH5 to reveal the locations of the Barn finds and bonus boards. While the treasure map is very helpful it can be annoying if it doesn’t work. And that is the issue many players are facing right now. They get an error message saying that you need to buy the treasure map even when it is purchased, and are unable to get it to work. So in this guide let us take a look at how to fix the Treasure map not working in Forza Horizon 5 (FH5).
How to Fix Treasure Map not working in Forza Horizon 5
You can try these fixes to get the treasure map working. Thanks to players ThargorDraconis and SCARSON1560 on Forza forums for sharing these fixes.
- Play and progress in-game: Before you enable the treasure map. Progress in the game for some missions in the Solo mode. Once you do then go to the map and enable the treasure map by pressing Y.
- Log in on Xbox console: This fix might annoy you if you don’t have an Xbox. In this fix, you can log in to your Xbox or ask a friend to let you log in to their console. Once you load the game and map on Xbox, go back to your PC and play again and it should start working. Thanks to u/Objective_Slight for this solution.
- Get a refund and buy the game again: Some players have found that getting the game refunded and then buying it again, made the treasure map work for them.
If the above fixes don’t work for you then you can try some of these general fixes:
- Restart the game: Close the game completely and launch it again after waiting for a few seconds. This might make the game work properly.
- Restart your system: Doesn’t matter if you are playing this on your Xbox or PC, this fix is applicable to both. After you restart try running the game again to see if it helps fix the issue.
- Verify game files: If the game files are corrupt you could encounter such issues. On Steam, you can check the file integrity by doing the following steps.
- Open Steam.
- Go to your library and right-click on your game.
- Click on properties. You will get a popup, here choose the local files tab.
- Lastly, choose Verify game’s files.
- Reinstall the game: This step is a bit extreme as the game is around 110 GB in size. But it can help ensure that the game installs properly and all features work as they should.
That covers this guide on how to fix the treasure map not working bug on Forza Horizon 5 (FH5). If you like playing this game then be sure to check our other guides on how to play with friends and the 13 fastest cars in Forza Horizon 5.