Bonemass is a large slime monster in Valheim. Even though he’s the third boss in the game, beating him not a piece of cake. We highly recommend going into the battle with your teammates, instead of starting the battle in solo mode. Like previous bosses, you need to summon Bonemass to start the battle so here’s how to summon Bonemass in Valheim.
How to Summon Bonemass in Valheim?
To summon Bonemass in Valheim, you need to go to Swamp biome, find the Skull altar and place 10 Withered Bones there. As you summon Bonemass, he will emerge with poison fumes all over his body and start rushing towards you.
Also Read | Valheim Bosses List & How To Summon Them
Let’s look at the Bonemass spawning process in detail below:
- Go to the dark murky Swamp biome.
- Find the Skull altar.
- Check the words at the back of the skull which says ‘Cook their remains’.
- This is your clue. Now gather 10 Withered Bones for it.
- Withered Bones can be found in Muddy Scrap Piles or by crawling the Sunken Crypts dungeon in Swamp biome.
- You need to keep all 10 Withered Bones at the Skull Altar located in the swamp.
- Once you place the Withered Bones at the altar, Bonemass will appear.
Remember that Bonemass will be unaffected if you use ranged weapons. Bonemass will call upon more Slimes, Skeletons, and Draugr to attack you. He will rush towards you and even his basic attack will knock you off your feet. He will also throw poison smoke at you which you may pass through but staying in it long enough will kill you. Because of this, you and the attacking party must bring Iron Mace, Wooden Club, and Stagbreaker to the boss battle. Also, bring Poison Resistance Mead. Carry at least 4 Poison Resistance Meads if you don’t have an Iron Mace.
That’s everything you need to know about how to summon Bonemass in Valheim and the basic tips to beat this boss. We also have a detailed guide on How to Beat the Bonemass. While you’re here check out our other Valheim guides.
For more details do not forget to visit our Valheim Wiki Guide for cheats, boss fights, rare resource locations, etc.