If you want to move Valorant to another drive to free up space in your current one or shift it to an SSD, this guide will show you how to do it. Choose any of the given methods to transfer Valorant to a different drive on your PC with and without reinstalling.
How to Move Valorant to Another Drive on PC
You can move Valorant to a different drive in the following ways:
- Copying and pasting Valorant Program and Riot Client files.
- Reinstalling the game on the new drive.
If you want to get Valorant on another drive without much effort, the best way to do it is to reinstall the game. The time taken for the redownload will depend on your internet connection but once that is done, you can log in to your Riot Games account and start playing.
In case you want to move Valorant to another drive without redownloading and reinstalling, follow the steps given below:
- First, copy the Valorant and Riot Client folders and paste them in the drive folder you want it in.
- Then head to C: Drive.
- Find the ProgramData folder. (check hidden files if it’s not visible)
- Go to the RiotClientInstalls.json file.
- Open it in notepad.
- Check the path given and replace it with the new one.
- Save the notepad file.
- Now, in the Riot Games folder, find the Metadata folder.
- Head to the valorant.live folder and open valorant.live.product_settings.yaml file with Notepad.
- Next, you have to change the paths for product_install_full_path and product_install_root.
Save the notepad file.
As you can tell, the whole process is a bit complex and time consuming if you are not well-versed with such things. So, the best thing to do is to simply reinstall Valorant on the new drive.
This is how to move Valorant to another drive. If you want to know how to play this game with other regions, how to type and talk in All Chat and how to appear offline, head over to our linked guides.