Smooth Basalt is a type of block that was introduced to Minecraft in the 1.17 Caves and Cliffs update. It is a new addition to the smooth block family in Minecraft. Basalt has a smooth texture just like other smooth blocks. These blocks are grayish-block in color. In today’s article, we will discuss everything there is to know about Smooth Basalt in Minecraft right from where you can find it to its uses, so keep reading.
How to get Smooth Basalt?
Check out the points below to find out how you can obtain Smooth Basalt in Minecraft.
- You can generally find smooth basalt in Minecraft as it naturally forms as the outer layer of amethyst geodes.
- You can find these rare geodes below the ground in the overworld. However, there is a better way to find Smooth Basalt.
- You can generate smooth basalt from basalt by smelting basalt blocks. To do so, you’ll need to first open the furnace in Minecraft.
- After opening the crafting menu, you will need to add fuel.
- After adding the fuel, place the basalt block in the uppermost slot of the furnace. And that’s how you can obtain smooth basalt by smelting basalt blocks.
- Additionally, you can also use an automatic basalt farm to obtain an infinite number of smooth basalts.
- Smooth Basalt is primarily used for decorative purposes in Minecraft.
- You can also use smooth basalt to create beautiful pathways.
- Its dark gray color also enables you to combine it with Blackstone or basalt to add a gradient finish to any structures.
- You can also gain a lot of XP points by building a smooth basalt melter.
And there you go. Smooth basalt has quickly become one of the most sought-after items in Minecraft. As you have read from the points above, obtaining smooth basalt is also quite easy. So don’t just sit there. Go and get these beautiful blocks in Minecraft now! We have more guides on various blocks like Moss Block, or how to mine minerals in Minecraft that will help you in construction.