In this guide, we will explain how you can install and download Forge on your server in Minecraft. For the unversed, Forge is a Minecraft server allowing you to play most mods that Minecraft has to offer. Forge is something which let you customize Minecraft with any of the mods you wish to. Without any further ado, let’s find out, how to download and Install Forge in Minecraft. How to Download and Install Minecraft Xray Mod
How to install Minecraft Forge
1. First of all, you will have to download the Installer for your desired version from https://files.minecraftforge.net/
2. Now, run the installer and select ‘Install server’.
3. The arrow and unchecked box you see in the above picture called Mercusious is analytics, which helps to tracks mods in Minecraft. If you think, it is not needed, then leave it unchecked.
4. The three … (dot) you see in the picture is an option asking you to select a location folder to Install Forge. Creating a temporary folder on your Desktop or Laptop to Install Forge in Minecraft is highly recommended.
5. The moment you press ok button, Install will start downloading the Forge filed into your desired location. Now, it is time to wait until the files have been fully downloaded before moving the next step.
6. Once the Forge file is downloaded, rename it to ‘custom.jar’. The filename will look exactly like ‘forge-1.12.2-22.214.171.12460-universal.jar’ by default. However, its numbers might be a little bit different. You can see, we have highlighted the correct file in the screenshot above.
7. Now, it’s time to upload the correct files to your server using FTP. As there are multiple files, it’s best to use an FTP client such as FileZilla instead of using the web FTP interface. Before proceeding further, make sure to upload the correct file and not the directory you created. Simply select the multiple files that were generated and upload them to the base directory (root/default directory) of your FTP.
8. Once the file is uploaded, the directory contents will look like this screenshot.
9. On the control panel, set your ‘Server Type’ to the Custom JAR option as seen in the screenshot below:
10. Star your server, that’s all, you have to do to install Minecraft Forge.