On your island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you will see many different villagers that come to live there. There can be a maximum of ten villagers that can live on your island at a time. Each of them will have their own traits. Some will be nice and some will make you want to kick them out. It could be due to their personality, their species or even the way they dress! Since you don’t have control over who moves to your island, here are some ways to get a villager to move out in Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH).
How to Remove Villagers in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- To get rid of a specific villager, simply ignore them. Neglect them completely, don’t talk to them and subject them to extreme silent treatment. It’s brutal but effective. Keep doing this for a few days. Meanwhile, communicate with the other villagers a lot.
- Soon, you will notice that the neglected villager is walking around with a thought bubble floating on their head. This means that they are contemplating leaving the island.
- At this point, you should go and talk to them. Help them make the decision of leaving your island and they will do it.
Remove Villagers with the Campsite
When you have upgraded your Resident Services from a tent to a proper building, you can create a campsite for villagers. Using the amiibo cards, you can invite specific villagers to your island. Here, you need to talk to them and eventually convince them to move to your island. The traveling villagers might ask you to do some tasks for them like crafting souvenirs. You can have a better chance of them moving to your island if you fulfill these requests. Have patience with this because you need consistency to convince them to make the big decision of moving to your island.
So, once you have ten villagers living on your island, here’s what to do:
- Using the amiibo card, bring a villager to your campsite. This villager could be someone to replace the villager you want to kick out.
- They might ask you to craft something for them. Do it to make them happy.
- Keep doing this for about three days in order to make them like you.
- Talk to them about moving to your island. They might agree but turns out that there’s no space left on your island!
- Don’t worry, they will come to know from Resident Services that someone was considering moving out. Just show them that villager.
- That’s it! The problematic villager will be sent packing.
There are a couple of more ways to evict a villager that have been doing the rounds on the internet. They are – hitting the villagers with a net, sending them rude letters and complaining to Isabelle about them. Although these things should ideally make the villager leave, it is not a guaranteed way to do it. Sure, your villagers will get irritated but there’s a very low chance that they will actually leave your island.
So, these were some ways to get rid of villagers in ACNH. Looking for more useful guides? Check out our Animal Crossing: New Horizons Wiki for some awesome tips.