Valheim is a new action role-playing simulator game. The game is gaining traction for its blend of graphics that give it a neo-retro vibe. It is a demanding game with the difficulty turned up right from the beginning. Challenging conditions such as this call for advance preparation in the game and unfortunately, you might learn that the hard way. However, there are several things you can do to remain prepared. Crafting and using a torch is one way to do that.
Crafting a Torch in Valheim
Early on into the game resources will be hard to come by as you won’t have the necessary tools to do that. This will make gathering supplies and building a shelter a difficult prospect. You will be exposed to the elements, making survival difficult. In such a situation it is necessary to have a torch, especially while roaming at night as it helps you to spot your enemies. This also helps you to search for food and is an important piece of equipment.
Here’s how to craft a torch.
- Equip yourself with a weapon first.
- Find stray branches that are fallen on the ground.
- Try to collect as many as possible.
- You can craft either an axe or a club.
- Now search for greylings. These are small brown creatures that won’t do much damage.
Greylings drop resin once you kill them.
- Once you have collected one Resin and One wood you will get the crafting recipe for making a torch.
Open the crafting menu and click on the torch option.
- Torches provide you protection against cold weather and also acts as a weapon. They have 15 fire damage and 4 blunt damage.
- Fire is, particularly against boars. They run away when they get too close to the flame.
Here are some tips:
- Make sure to regen after attacking an enemy as your initial health level is quite low.
- Make sure to have a weapon with you as the enemies come out of the thick at times you would least expect.
- It is a good idea to build a shelter as soon as you can.
Now that you know how to craft a torch have a look at how to upgrade your workbench or how to build a shelter in Valheim. For more details do not forget to visit our Valheim Wiki Guide for cheats, boss fights, rare resource locations, etc.