Every PC gamer likes to change keybinds according to their game style and preferences. However, the control settings in Cyberpunk 2077 only allows for changing a limited keybinds. You can simply change controls in Cyberpunk 2077 for the allowed buttons by navigating to the settings menu and then the Key Bindings option. On the other hand, for changing the forced keybindings you have to put some extra effort. In this rebind controls guide, we will discuss the easiest way to change keybindings in Cyberpunk 2077.
How to Rebind Keys in Cyberpunk 2077 – Change Keybindings
You can change the keybindings by replacing the keys you want to replace with the preferred key buttons in the config file, i.e., at the source itself. The only thing that you need to ensure before rebinding keys in Cyberpunk is to copy & save the default config file to some other location. This will help you recover the file in case anything goes wrong. With that being said, here’s a complete step-by-step guide to change keybindings in Cyberpunk 2077.
- Locate the game folder (for steam downloads the location will be at “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077” and for other downloads, it will be at “C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\“
- Navigate to “\r6\config\” location
- Find “inputUserMappings.xml” file
- Open this file in a text editor such as Notepad++
- Look for the key that you want to find (take help from this file to know which key takes what actions)
- Find and replace all the instances of the key you want to replace (for instance T = “IK_T”)
- Change the keybinding to your preferred key (to replace T with Y change “IK_T” to “IK_Y”)
- Ensure to change all the instances of the key you want to rebind
- Save the changes and launch the game to play with modified keybindings
That’s the end of our Cyberpunk 2077 rebind controls guide. We hope this will help you easily change keybinds in Cyberpunk 2077. While here, ensure reading how to get Clothing Sets, where to take Jackie Welles, and how to stop overheating in Cyberpunk 2077.