Ghost of Tsushima is already looking out to be one of the best games that we have seen in recent years, not only does it perfectly capture the samurai aesthetics but it also shows the time when Mongols got into Tsushima and started capturing.
Your job as a samurai is to take down the Mongols and reclaim your land. The in-game mechanics work brilliantly and the new Samurai Cinema mode is a class touch to bring back memories of the best samurais ever made.
That’s not all though, Ghost of Tsushima is poised to bring more than you could ever imagine, with the game releasing on 17th July 2020. You should know what to expect as there is still a lot of mystery around the title.
The following was posted on resetera by user Loudninja and these things point to a lot of interesting facts.
Things You Must Know About Ghost of Tsushima
- It’s an open-world samurai adventure.
- The game is grounded and realistic. There are no supernatural elements in this game.
- The game is an original work of fiction they are not rebuilding history stone by stone.
- Ghost of Tsushima is huge – the biggest game Sucker Punch has ever made by a wide margin.
- You can play the game with a Japanese voice track. Even with a cast of mostly native Japanese speakers, they still have a dialogue coach for the game for authentic ancient Japanese.
- No branching narrative
- The game launches July 17th
- The Game does have a photo mode
- Ghost of Tsushima Has Multiple Difficulty Settings
- This isn’t going to be a UI heavy game
- Swordplay and the horse is all mo-cap.
- The composers of the game are Shigeru Umebayashi and Ilan Eshkeri
- The Game has a Black and White mode
In the late 13th century, the Mongol empire has laid waste to entire nations along their campaign to conquer the East. Tsushima Island is all that stands between mainland Japan and a massive Mongol invasion fleet led by the ruthless and cunning general, Khotun Khan.
As the island burns in the wake of the first wave of the Mongol assault, samurai warrior Jin Sakai stands as one of the last surviving members of his clan. He is resolved to do whatever it takes, at any cost, to protect his people and reclaim his home. He must set aside the traditions that have shaped him as a warrior to forge a new path, the path of the Ghost, and wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Tsushima.
- You can use the wind as a guide.
- Smoke Stacks indicate people that are in need of help.
- Odd shape trees could be a visual indicated something.
- Some birds will lead Jin to points of interest such as hidden locations.
- You can craft things it looks like, you can pick up things in the game such as Bamboo and YEW with the R2 button.
- You can talk to people with the R2 button.
- You can explore abandoned buildings to find rare resources.
- Foxes will guide Jin to shrines, you can also pet them.
- Once you visited a location you can fast travel to it.
- You can heal in the game.
- You call your horse.
- You can get arrows from arrow racks at camps.
- You can find collectibles around the world.
- Jin can die just as easily as his enemies.
- Camps will have distractions like wind chimes where I guess you can use and arrow to shoot them.
- There are many side characters in the game, most of which have side quests.
- Jin will learn new things from NPC quests.
- Each area in the game has a different theme. That reflects different stories and narrative themes for each area. The name of the area on the demo is “The forest of no return”. Features betrayal stories with a darker tone.
- You will roam vast countrysides, explore billowing fields, and tranquil shrines to ancient forests, villages, and stark mountainscapes, bamboo forests to the urban center of ornate castles.
- So far, we have seen 3 navigational options, we saw horse riding, parkour, and Jin swinging with the grappling hook so far.
- Dynamic time of day and weather, we saw snow, and rain areas so far.
- Simulated clouds. All dynamic, not painted, never going to be seen twice.
- Procedural skies and procedural sun break tech.
- If you roll around a lot in the mud you will be completely covered. If it starts raining it washes away all the mud and blood.
- “Movement” is the environment theme, expect everything to move – blowing trees, windy fields, falling leaves.
- If you see something and you expect to be able to climb on it, then we want you to be able to climb on it.
- The trailer with Masako from E3 was a side mission.
- There a lot of stories in the game that you may not find them all.
- The Square button swings your sword.
- Jin Has 4 stances so far we seen 2 which are the Stone Stance and the Water Stance, you must pick the right stance to do the most damage to the specific enemy types.
- You can parry enemies with the L1 button, you must wait until the last possible second to open them up for attack.
- Jin can deflect arrows with his sword.
- Jin can clean his sword with the press of a button.
- A technique takes up one of those golden orbs, and parrying seems to restore some of it.
- It seems you can press L1 and R1 with 3 golden orbs are lit up to do something not sure.
- He can challenge enemies to a standoff by pressing down on the D-Pad, where you must triangle and release it at the right time as the enemy attacks.
- Jin can die just as quickly as his enemies.
- Jin will pay his respects to an enemy after a battle.
- Jin can use wind chimes and firecrackers to distract enemies.
- He can sneak up behind someone and assassinate or assassinate them from above.
- He can do a chain assassination where he targets multiple enemies, you must press triangle for each one.
- Jin can use smoke bombs on enemies then go in for a critical strike. Smoke bombs can be used n two ways so far throwing at your feet or directly at the enemy.
- He can use kunai for a quick kill, he can target multiple enemies up to 3 so far.
- You can use fear to your advantage, enemies will coward after your ghost kills on others.
- Jin has another Assassination option call option Slaughter, they have not shown this one yet.
- Jin has at least two more ninja tools we did not see.
- When Jin Stabs an enemy through a screen it is called a Shoji Assassination.
- Jin can perform a horseback Assassination.
- Jin seems to have at least 4 types of arrows, Normal Arrows, Heavy Arrows, and Fire arrows and looks like Explosive arrows.
- We have seen 2 types of bows Half Bows and Longbows.
- Can zoom in with R3.
- Duels in the game are going to be very narrative base they want to build the tension, each duel will be around some unique elements like the red tree.
- So far we have seen a few types of human enemies, some with no armor, some in full armor, all have swords, swords and shields, spears, pikes, and bows.
- Killing enemies will cause others to run away in fear.
- Enemies have a detection meter, and animals have their own as well.
- The game has animals that will attack you or others.
- Enemies have two color outlines so far, yellow means they are unaware or distracted, and red means they see you or you attack will make others aware.
- Sometimes enemies would drop their weapons and fall to the ground in fear.
- Armor in the game gives you different mechanical advantages and are not just cosmetic.
- You can find dye flowers in the game and use them to dye your armor.
- We see several types of clothes and armor. from Samurai armor, Mino Cape, to his Ghost Gear.
- As you explore the world you will find many different charms in the game that give you an advantage like, like a charm that releases a toxic gas that kills an enemy when they pick it up, or smoke bombs restore some of your health.
- You get new charm slots by honoring Inari Shrines.
- You can use these points to learn and upgrade skills.
- As your Legend grows you learn new techniques.
Make sure to check out the gameplay reveal of Ghost of Tsushima right here.