If you have been grinding on Elden Ring for a long time, you might know what is Scarlet Rot. It is a type of Status effect that inflicts damage upon its build-up. Once the build-up fills up entirely, it inflicts greater and faster damage than Poison. As you pass through the Lake of Rot, you can get the Scarlet Rot due to the Red waters. But as the entire region is filled with the Lakes, you need to go across it to pass through the region. Not to worry, here’s our guide on how to get through the Lake of Rot in Elden Ring.
How to Get to Lake of Rot
- To reach the Lake of Rot, you need to head to the Ainsel River main.
- As you pass through the Ainsel river, head in the southwest direction.
- You will come across the Nokstella Waterfall basin, the site of Grace as you progress through the journey.
- Then, you will find an elevator that will take you to the Lake of Rot.
- As you enter the location, you can rest and save your location at the Lake of Rot Shoreside, Site of Grace.
- Near the location, you will encounter a Nomadic Merchant.
- This is the perfect time to stack up resources.
- You can purchase the Preserving Boluses to cure the Scarlet Rot. It costs around 2500 Runes.
- We also suggest purchasing several consumables, talismans, and incantations that might help you pass through.
- Also, make sure to stack up a bunch of Flask of Crimson tears.
How to Get Through Lake of Rot in Elden Ring
- As you dive into the Lake, you will see the build-up for Scarlet Rot filling up.
- Try to get on structures above the lake to avoid getting it filled.
- But as you stay in an area for long, it will be covered by several Basilisks swimming in the lake.
- Be cautious of these creatures as their smoke can inflict the Death status effect.
- Now, you may notice several broken structures of the pillar.
- When you stand on them, it will trigger and raise the nearby landmasses.
- We need to walk the way through the Rot lake to reach the Grand Cloister.
- While it can trigger the Scarlet Rot, you can use the Preserving boluses and Crimson tears to your aid.
- Once you reach the entrance, take a left to find a Red waterfall going downwards.
- You can take the stairs down to find the Grand Cloister, Site of Grace.
That’s all on how to get through the Lake of Rot in Elden Ring. If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on the Four Belfries location, Seedbed Cursed locations, and how to get and use the Tonic of Forgetfulness in Elden Ring right here on Gamer Tweak.