The early access of Raft finally gave way to the final version of the game on Steam and players are rushing to play it. In this open-world survival game, your objective is to survive on a 2 x 2 raft as you collect resources, items, and travel to multiple locations. While progress depends on completing missions and moving ahead, without these items and resources it would be difficult to do so. Seaweed is a material that is quite important to make other items and even important resources. This guide will give you all the information you need to get Seaweed in Raft.
How to Get Seaweed in Raft
As the name suggests, primarily you can get Seaweed underwater. Although they can on some occasions spawn within Loot Boxes, underwater still remains the primary mode to get them in Raft. Here’s what you need to do:
- Travel to any island and then from the shore, go underwater.
- Look for tall Kelp Plants underwater and harvest seaweed by pressing E.
- Since no equipment is required, you won’t have to worry about carrying anything down under.
- Additionally, you need to look for the dense parts of the kelp plants.
- Although it is not really a dangerous harvest, we recommend you keep an eye on the oxygen bar that will show up at the top.
- If you need to, it is better to get a second round rather than risking your life for the seaweed.
Once you harvest enough Seaweed, you can place them in a Smelter to get Vine Goo after 45 seconds. Additionally, if you place this Seaweed in a Recycler, you will get Trash Cubes. As Trash Cubes are the in-game currency, Seaweed is an item you will definitely want to get.
That’s all you need on how to get Seaweed in Raft. While you are here, you need to check out Raft Antenna Setup Guide and other guides, tips, and tricks at Gamer Tweak.