There are many monstrous creatures that you will come across in Baldur’s Gate 3 but no one is as adorable and aggressive as the Owlbear Cub you will encounter. These creatures are a hybrid cross between an Owl and a bear. And according to the Dungeons & Dragons universe, it hugs like a bear and attacks with its beak. In the Forgotten Realms of BG3, these Owlbears are some of the earliest DnD creatures that you will find and although you can’t recruit him you can have it on your camp. But first, you will need to find the nest and come across its fierce mother. So if you are looking forward to this encounter and want to get the cub, check out this guide further to know its location.
How to Get Owlbear Cub in Baldur’s Gate 3
Players can explore the Northeast region of Blighted Village to find a cave inside which an Owlbear and its cub reside in Baldur’s Gate 3. You can then approach the cave in which you will come across the mother at first. While approaching the mother a cutscene will be playthrough in the game:
- Here you will have options, to either puff out your chest and roar back, attack the mother, or use your wisdom skill in Animal Handling and investigate the animal.
- Both of the options will help you reveal the Owlbear cub hiding behind in Baldur’s Gate 3.
- However depending on whatever situation players will have to interact with the cub friendlily, after which they can leave the cave.
- After interacting with the Owlbear cub in the cave, players can find him again at the Goblin Camp surrounded by Goblins.
- Interacting with the cub will lead you to a conversation with Krolla.
- After talking to her and having learned the gruesome sport called chicken chasing, you will have to talk to another character name Volo the Bard.
- Once done you will have the option to either play the game or say no to Krolla.
- To make things easier we recommend you to the latter as both options will yield the same results and this will be the quickest way.
Interact with her again and let her know that the cub is coming with you. Once done, you can either intimidate or persuade Krolla or use your special Illithiad powers to misguide her to think you are a true soul. It is worth keeping in mind that you can also purchase the Owlbear cub for 500 Gold in Baldur’s Gate 3. Once everything is done you will find the cub at your camp after some nights have passed. Although you will have to maintain the friendship with the cub as you progress.