Dying Light 2 has brought back the grappling hook with a twist and players are starting to wonder how to get it. In the first game, you could use the grappling hook to pull yourself. But since this is a new game the mechanism of how the grappling hook works has changed. So in this guide let us take a look at how to unlock and use the grappling hook in Dying Light 2.
How to Get Grappling Hook in Dying Light 2
You get Grappling Hook while playing the Broadcast mission.
- In this mission, you have to climb the VNC tower.
- While progressing through the mission, you will get an objective that requires you to find the grappling hook. You won’t miss it as it is one of the most important items in the game.
How to Use the Grappling Hook
- Equip the Grappling Hook.
- Now you will get another reticle that will show you the spots that you can use the grapple hook on.
- But unlike the previous game where you could pull yourself to the spot. The grappling hook in this game works by you swinging towards it. This tool will come in very handy when you are trying to escape from zombies.
- Press the LT button on Xbox and L2 button on PlayStation to grab and start swinging.
- To jump from the swing you can press the RB or R1 button on Xbox and PlayStation respectively.
- In case you find multiple hook points then you can consecutively grab and jump to keep swinging.
That covers up this guide on everything you should know about how to unlock and use Grappling Hook in Dying Light 2. If you enjoyed this guide be sure to check our other guides on how to customize your character, how to fast travel, and how to fix the game won’t launch error for Dying Light 2.