As confirmed by Techland, the map of Dying Light 2 is four times bigger than its predecessor. You can use several parkour skills and maneuvers like a grappling hook to slide down the rope or paragliding to traverse faster in the game. While you can use these to travel, players are wondering if there is fast travel in the game or not. Not to worry, there is a fast travel function to teleport you instantly across different locations. But unlike other open-world games where fast travel is available right away for players, the mechanics for DL 2 are slightly different. So, here’s our guide on how to use fast travel in Dying Light 2.
Dying Light 2 Fast Travel Unlock Requirements
- You need to grind on the story mode for multiple hours to unlock fast travel.
- It will be unlocked after you complete the Let’s Waltz story quest in Dying Light 2.
- On average it will take 10-15 hours for the players to reach this story quest.
- You will be prompted with a message of the fast travel being unlocked after you complete the mission.
- Now, you will be able to fast travel to 4 active metro stations. These metro stations serve as the fast travel points and there are 11 fast travel points in Dying Light 2.
- In order to unlock other metro stations as your fast travel point, you will need to activate different generators. These locations are usually either filled with zombie hordes or Renegade Bandits. After you have activated all the generators, flip the main power switch to unlock the metro station as a fast travel point.
- Certain metro stations can be powered up simply by flipping a switch rather than activating all the generators. Once you flip the power switch all the nearby loot in the metro station will disappear. Try to stack most of the loot before you flip the main power switch and unlock it as a fast travel point.
How to Use Fast Travel in DL2?
- Open the map and look out for the location you want to travel to.
- Active metro stations or fast travel points are denoted by three forward arrows over a train icon.
- Click on the location you want to travel to.
- Then, press F to instantly travel/teleport to that location.