Pokemon Scarlet & Violet (SV) has a whole lot of Pokemon ready for you to catch. Once you capture enough, it’s your responsibility to train them for battles & raids. However, sometimes you don’t get the powerful moves you wanted in your Pokemon. That’s fine, there are several ways to teach moves in the game. So if you are also wondering how you can transfer the desired moves to other Pokemon, then we are here to help. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process to transfer & teach Egg Moves in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet easily.
How to Transfer & Teach Egg Moves in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Here we have mentioned all the ways to transfer & teach Egg moves in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet. Before you go ahead make sure you double-check the learnable moves of the recipient Pokemon. So without any further ado let’s dive right into it.
- Mirror Herb Method
- Natural Breeding Method
These are the only ways to transfer Egg Moves in Pokemon SV. For a better understanding let’s take a look into the methods in detail.
Mirror Herb Method
This is one of the easiest methods to transfer Egg moves in the game. However, it will surely cost you some Poke Dollars.
- In order to make this method work you’ll first need to head to the Cascarrafa Delibird Presents store and buy one Mirror Herb. It’ll be under the Battle items for 30,000 Poke Dollars.
- Once you have it, simply add the recipient and transferer Pokemon into your party. Make sure the egg move you want to teach is equipped by the Transferer Pokemon. Also, don’t forget to keep one move slot vacant in the recipient’s current moves slots.
- After that equip the recipient Pokemon with the Mirror Herb and set up a Picnic.
- Then, wait for a while and let both Pokemon play around for some seconds.
- And after that, close the Picnic and check the Move Summary of Recipient Pokemon. You’ll find the learnable Egg Move you wanted to be transferred.
And that’s it, this is how you can teach Egg Moves by using Mirror Herb in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet.
Natural Breeding Method
If you are running low on Poke Dollars then you can also try out the traditional and natural breeding method to get Egg moves. However, in this method, you won’t be able to transfer the move and will get a newborn Pokemon with the inherited move.
- To use the breeding method make sure the parent Pokemon share the same Egg Group and are Male and Female.
- After that keep only two of these Pokemon in your party and set up a Picnic.
- Then, wait for a while and check the basket sitting on the Picnic table. There you’ll find an egg in which the Pokemon will be inherited the Egg move from the father.
- Also note, the moves are copied from the male parent, and the offspring is based on the female parent.
Players can even make some Sandwiches to speed up the process and for a guaranteed move transfer. That sums up everything about how you can transfer & teach Egg Moves in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet. While you are here check out the list of best Egg Power Sandwiches in the game. For more tips & tricks check out other Pokemon SV guides.