With the recent release of NBA 2K23, players are pretty excited to unlock different perks and special moves. That being said, Accelerator is a perk that boosts your Takeover meter. This perk can be quite handy in stressful matches. But to unlock this perk, you need to get your hands on another unlockable. So, here’s our guide on how to get Accelerator in NBA 2K23.
How to Get Accelerator in NBA 2K23
You need to unlock the special Mamba Mentality to change your takeovers and get the Accelerator perk. Not to worry, here’s how to unlock them both.
How to Unlock the Mamba Mentality
Follow the below steps to unlock the Mamba Mentality in NBA 2K23:
- Firstly, you need to talk to Pippa at the Promenade located at the Silver Deck.
- You will find her wearing a green colored T-shirt with a yellow exclamatory mark above her.
- As you talk to her, she will give you different quests.
- While you don’t need to complete the quests, head back until she assigns you an objective to talk to Captain Samuel. This objective will be titled Onward and Upward!
- Upon talking to Captain Samuel near the Dueces, he will task you with the Workout in the Gatorade Training Facility objective.
- Completing this objective will reward you with 1 Gatorade Boost.
- Now, head back to Samuel to get an objective to talk to Tomas near the Trips.
- As you speak with Tomas, he will give you an objective to win a game against Pippa in MyCourt at the Gold Deck.
- Once you win a 1v1 basketball game against Pippa, you will get the Mamba Mentality as a reward.
How to Unlock Accelerator Perk
Follow the below steps:
- Talk to Sam at the Promenade at Silver Deck.
- Upon speaking with him, he will give you different objectives to practice.
- Firstly, you will have to make 2 Mid Range shots or 2 Layups in any game.
- Then, you will get another objective to make two 3-pointers, 5 layups, or 5 Dunks.
- Keep on completing the objectives by Sam until you get the “Slaying Sam’s Smack Talk” objective.
- For this objective, you need to talk to Pippa at the Promenade in the Silver Deck.
- This will reward you with the Accelerator perk or the Takeover boost.
Trivia: Mamba Mentality is a special throwback to honor the late Basketball legend, Kobe Bryant.
That’s everything covered about how to get Accelerator in NBA 2K23. If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on how to make music tracks, the best shooting tips, and how to get VC Fast in NBA 2K23 right here on Gamer Tweak.