In a short time, Apex Legends has become one of the best Battle Royale shooter games of all time. It has been praised not only for its mechanics and multiplayer but also for its wide range of diverse characters. While players have been grinding on it with their friends, some players are annoyed as they cannot see their friends list. With their crossplay support, it is disappointing when you cannot access it to its full extent. So, here’s our guide on how to fix the friends list not working problem in Apex Legends.
How to Fix Friends List Not Working in Apex Legends?
Before you try on any of the fixes, we suggest you check the servers of Apex Legends and your internet connection. This problem occurs often due to server issues from Steam or the developers. But while they resolve it, we have managed to solve the issue with some workarounds. So, here are the methods to solve friends list not showing up:
Restart your Device
- Restart your console or PC for the game to load its resource files again.
- It resolved the problem for most of the players.
- For some players, it took one restart to fix the problem while for some players it took a couple of restarts more to fix the issue.
- Once you have restarted your console or system, launch the game to check if the problem persists.
Check your Settings
- Make sure that you have the Cross-play settings enabled.
- If it is not, you will be unable to play the game with your friends on different platforms.
- You can also check the Privacy and Parental control settings.
- Head over to the Settings and make sure that everything’s tweaked right.
These workarounds will hopefully fix the problem. But if it did not, you will have to wait for Respawn and Electronic Arts (EA) to release an update or a patch to fix the problem.
That’s all on how to fix the friends list not working issue in Apex Legends. If this guide helped you, make sure to check out our other guides on how to fix the anti-cheat error, unable to connect to EA servers and internal server error in Apex Legends right here on Gamer Tweak.